Hugh Ferris/Match day presenters

Ferris, to me, is just part of a larger phenomenon, which I'd call the "show bizification" of modern football. I know there's no way round it, no way of stopping it. It's the money, it's the worldwide satellite tv coverage, it's the modern world (and it doesn't only affect football, incidentally). But I hate most aspects of it. Probably a generational thing.
Trust the crowd to create the atmosphere, trust it to create the event. That's almost never done, now. If we're accused of passiveness, sometimes, at the Etihad, I believe it's at least partly because we've been bludgeoned into it by a truly deafening p.a. system and Ferris et al spouting embarrassing inanities to create the "match day experience" at half-time, or whenever.

The biggest problem with Ferris is he wants it to be about him, nothing about yesterday was about him, it was about the club. To even suggest to Pep and co to leave the stage foe the players was unbelievable, and his comments to Tommy Booth were just as bad, Tommy may have had a drink, but that's none of his business, it was a party, a celebration, Tommy has got more to do with City than Ferris ever will, thankfully, and seems a lovely fella.

The biggest problem with Ferris is he wants it to be about him, nothing about yesterday was about him, it was about the club. To even suggest to Pep and co to leave the stage foe the players was unbelievable, and his comments to Tommy Booth were just as bad, Tommy may have had a drink, but that's none of his business, it was a party, a celebration, Tommy has got more to do with City than Ferris ever will, thankfully, and seems a lovely fella.
His brother died two days ago....he had reason to have a drink.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.