Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4 we had this year had clear profiles and all different each other.
Maguire will push John and continue developing

7a6038d5988fdc094a4c091d17b5546a.jpg
87fa2e7ec5d6022f187beff6855e2a58.jpg
792c2a5cbcc7129760a2fb1b9ad6d7a7.jpg
31b20b16902fee3e7aa57360515e50df.jpg
8477cf26838a6f6da3bf9e2f54b93509.jpg

I'm genuinely asking can someone please tell me how maguire makes us a better team ? Makes no sense what so ever.
I certainly don't claim to know all about Maguire and have mainly seen him for England and against us. However one way in which he undoubtedly might make us a better team is aerial threat. We have a pretty poor record in set pieces and from what I have seen of Maguire he's a real asset at them. The idea of some of KDB's dead balls going towards Maguire is an appealing one.

I think Maguire would kill it here tbh.

- He's very good on the ball, especially bringing it out from the back.
- He's (nearly) as physical as Kompany.
- He's fantastic in the air.
- He's used to playing at LCB and RCB.
- He's played (well) with Stones and Walker before. They also seem like good mates.
- He's homegrown.

Would be expensive but as soon as we win something his value would probably increase. He wouldn't be my first choice as a centre back (de Ligt would be) but he would fill the role that Kompany has played (on the pitch, not off it) this season (obviously not the screamer vs Leicester but you know). He would come into games where we'd need a big physical presence to combat a certain team and style of play.

The 4 we had this year had clear profiles and all different each other.
Maguire will push John and continue developing

7a6038d5988fdc094a4c091d17b5546a.jpg

Think we need to be particularly careful with regards to stats for centre-backs. That chart suggests that Phil Jones and Chris Smalling are vastly superior to Toby Alderweireld. My only concerns with Maguire are around his pace, and his acceleration in particular. His reading of the game is usually pretty good. He is physically strong, good in the air and competent on the ball. But, whilst not particularly slow, he does seem to struggle against some of the quicker attackers - particularly those quick on the turn. Koulibaly would be my first choice, but he'd cost a fortune and he wouldn't qualify as homegrown.

I certainly don't claim to know all about Maguire and have mainly seen him for England and against us. However one way in which he undoubtedly might make us a better team is aerial threat. We have a pretty poor record in set pieces and from what I have seen of Maguire he's a real asset at them. The idea of some of KDB's dead balls going towards Maguire is an appealing one.
KDB made Bas Fucking Dost look like a superstar at Wolfsburg.
There could be quite a few goals in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.