Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why we would do this when Alderweireld can be had for £25m is beyond me.

Exactly this. Should be our number 1 target.

Actually wouldn’t mind Maguire but only if we could get him at £40m or max £50m.

I'm surprised Toby is so far down on that list. I'm beginning to think more and more that we need a big strong unit. Kompany and Ota were always the ones winning the arial duels when the opposition keeper lumped it up. We need someone to deal with players like Deeney and Rondon. We can't field a CB partnership of Dinho and Garcia if injuries mount up. I would rather go with Jonathan Tah of Leverkusen more than Maguire though. Younger and probably cheaper too.

I'm surprised Toby is so far down on that list. I'm beginning to think more and more that we need a big strong unit. Kompany and Ota were always the ones winning the arial duels when the opposition keeper lumped it up. We need someone to deal with players like Deeney and Rondon. We can't field a CB partnership of Dinho and Garcia if injuries mount up. I would rather go with Jonathan Tah of Leverkusen more than Maguire though. Younger and probably cheaper too.
True. But Ota is less than an inch taller than Garcia.
If anything it proves the need for balance.
People complain about the lack of agility with a big lump like Maguire and they complain about a lack of height with players like Garcia.
The best solution is to have both. :D
An even better solution is to buy the Ligt instead but if that's not possible Maguire is probably the most sensible signing out there, all things considered.
(including the fact that he's English)

True. But Ota is less than an inch taller than Garcia.
If anything it proves the need for balance.
People complain about the lack of agility with a big lump like Maguire and they complain about a lack of height with players like Garcia.
The best solution is to have both. :D
An even better solution is to buy the Ligt instead but if that's not possible Maguire is probably the most sensible signing out there, all things considered.
(including the fact that he's English)

De Ligt is a good player, but still look how Llorente manhandled him in the CL semis 2nd leg. Llorente won every ball with runners like Ali and Moura in behind. This is what typical PL teams do and the CB needs to handle these duels. Ota is extremely good in the air for his height and has the physicality to deal with strong center forwards. We ain't getting De Ligt. I think he'll go to Juve who will pay him a lot more than anyone or if he really has his heart set on it he will got to Barca.

De Ligt is a good player, but still look how Llorente manhandled him in the CL semis 2nd leg. Llorente won every ball with runners like Ali and Moura in behind. This is what typical PL teams do and the CB needs to handle these duels. Ota is extremely good in the air for his height and has the physicality to deal with strong center forwards. We ain't getting De Ligt. I think he'll go to Juve who will pay him a lot more than anyone or if he really has his heart set on it he will got to Barca.
It's not just typical of the PL. Everybody does it when the chips are down. And the Llorente dual is overstated IMO.
The guy is 19. A few months older than foden. He almost captained a small team from a small country into a Champions league final.
His positional play and interception rate is mindboggling.
Winning more aerial duals against big lumps is something you can learn. (He's 19!!) The raw talent and leadership stuff is gifted.

The contrast..... however, agreeing with a guy who felt Mahrez was a superior dribbler than Bernadoooooooo earlier in the season, doesn’t make them an authority. He’s also wanted vinny gone for nigh on 3 years....

Having a difference in opinion doesn’t make the opposing view less insightful, now does it? Anyway, I’m off to scratch my elbow...
Wash your hands when you're finished. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.