Bluemoon Fitness Thread

I’ve never been able to do both at the same time due to the fact the number of calories needed to achieve the 2 elements are at odds with each other.

I must say I enjoy both phases but always ‘feel’ better when restricting calories / sugars and leathering the cardio than I do in a ‘weights, big scran, weights’ phase.

You’re looking good mate. If you keep at it you’ll have the upper hand once you hit 40 when you’ll only need to think about sugar / a pint to put weight on.
Cheers mate. Yeah it’s been a delicate balancing act so far. I don’t know how much muscle I’ve grown and how much has simply appeared due to a reduction of body fat that was covering it. Arms are certainly filling my t shirt sleeves a bit better than they were.

One issue is now that I have six work suits and none of the trousers fit as I’ve dropped about 3 inches but it’s an issue I’ll happily deal with. I was about a 32” when I moved abroad seven years ago and I’m currently at 33”.

Currently doing one day on, one day off weights with cardio in between. Just did a slow 10k run in an hour as my entire chest is very sore from yesterday and it took a good 20 minutes to get into a rhythm.

I’ve completely removed carbs (rice, pasta, potatoes etc) from my diet although I have a handful of grapes to replace sweets in the evening.

I do find the running boring and miss playing rugby a few times a week but my joints are pretty shot up from playing for 20 years and think that if I did any team sports, I’d end up injured in no time and would ruin my progress.

Personally when starting out,as the name suggests...i wouldnt change your routine until the progress stops.

A logical progression would then be a PPL routine

Chest - OHP,DB chest press,Dips

Legs - Squats,SLDL's,Calf raises

Back - Deads,BB row,chins
You a fan of flys bud?

I’ve always personally preferred the upper chest ‘cut’ incline flys give (with a relatively low weight) compared with the heavier bench although my training mate likes a heavy flat bench and incline bench, so our chest day is along the lines of this in order

Flat bench press
Tricep dips (head forward legs out to work the upper chest)
Incline bench
Incline fly
DB press with lighter weight and very slow
Flat flys to failure whilst dropping down the weights. Ends up with no weight and almost in tears trying to get your hands to touch

We usually throw in a core exercises to break it up between some of the above to give the chest a 5-10 minutes break.

Any additional chest exercise you’d be throwing in there?

Cheers mate. Yeah it’s been a delicate balancing act so far. I don’t know how much muscle I’ve grown and how much has simply appeared due to a reduction of body fat that was covering it. Arms are certainly filling my t shirt sleeves a bit better than they were.

One issue is now that I have six work suits and none of the trousers fit as I’ve dropped about 3 inches but it’s an issue I’ll happily deal with. I was about a 32” when I moved abroad seven years ago and I’m currently at 33”.

Currently doing one day on, one day off weights with cardio in between. Just did a slow 10k run in an hour as my entire chest is very sore from yesterday and it took a good 20 minutes to get into a rhythm.

I’ve completely removed carbs (rice, pasta, potatoes etc) from my diet although I have a handful of grapes to replace sweets in the evening.

I do find the running boring and miss playing rugby a few times a week but my joints are pretty shot up from playing for 20 years and think that if I did any team sports, I’d end up injured in no time and would ruin my progress.

Good work mate.

Apologies, i only saw the 30% off, well there we go then, Now to spend £75!

Will go to bulk powders, any recommended flavors, have had Choco Smooth from MP usually.
I usually buy 2.5 chocolate and 2.5 natural/unflavoured - mix them both into a 5kg tub gives a light subtle chocolate taste and keeps cost down.

You a fan of flys bud?

I’ve always personally preferred the upper chest ‘cut’ incline flys give (with a relatively low weight) compared with the heavier bench although my training mate likes a heavy flat bench and incline bench, so our chest day is along the lines of this in order

Flat bench press
Tricep dips (head forward legs out to work the upper chest)
Incline bench
Incline fly
DB press with lighter weight and very slow
Flat flys to failure whilst dropping down the weights. Ends up with no weight and almost in tears trying to get your hands to touch

We usually throw in a core exercises to break it up between some of the above to give the chest a 5-10 minutes break.

Any additional chest exercise you’d be throwing in there?
Fly's are great,although i have difficulty with them due to shoulder issues,same with dips.....so im limited to incline db's mainly,which isnt ideal!

Don't let that stop you though....looks a good routine - perhaps a db pullover periodically to mix it up?

I usually buy 2.5 chocolate and 2.5 natural/unflavoured - mix them both into a 5kg tub gives a light subtle chocolate taste and keeps cost down.
Solid shout, cheers for the tip.

On lates this week so went to the gym this morning,

Squats 5x5 65kg
OHP 5x5 35kg
Deadlifts 1x5 85kg

Will finish the cycle of the workouts this week then will start adding a few isolations in each session. Keeping strict on my form and dropping the weight a little made it feel much easier this week, going to dust off the grips I bought a while back as well because the 85kg dead was slipping a bit in my grip.

Solid shout, cheers for the tip.

On lates this week so went to the gym this morning,

Squats 5x5 65kg
OHP 5x5 35kg
Deadlifts 1x5 85kg

Will finish the cycle of the workouts this week then will start adding a few isolations in each session. Keeping strict on my form and dropping the weight a little made it feel much easier this week, going to dust off the grips I bought a while back as well because the 85kg dead was slipping a bit in my grip.

Give those a go,best grips ive found for deads.

Fly's are great,although i have difficulty with them due to shoulder issues,same with dips.....so im limited to incline db's mainly,which isnt ideal!

Don't let that stop you though....looks a good routine - perhaps a db pullover periodically to mix it up?
Yeah good shout mate. Cheers

Given the joint problems, but the obvious penchant for a team sport, have you considering something like water polo?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.