Game of Thrones (season 8)

The final season has just been a shambles. The whole thing has felt so rushed. From the white walkers being wiped out in the first proper battle, to the shambles that was the final episode.

That final episode might be the worst episode in the history of TV, far too many loose endings left to tie up and all of them 'tied up' far too quickly.

- Daenerys just getting taken out like that, when it looked like she didn't trust him at all after what she did to King's Landing.
- Greyworm and the dragon just letting Jon Snow live after what he'd done.
- Arya all of a sudden wanting to travel the world, having shown not love for it before hand.
- Sansa taking the North away from the seven kingdoms and everyone just being happy with it.
- Don't even get me started on making Bran king.
- Cersei and Jamie dying under rubble, the former deserved much worse.
- Bron popping up twice all season and ending up on the council.

That's just the final episode, the whole season had awful writing.
Pretty much sums up my feelings. Also what’s the point of Jon snow being a Targaryen? It built up to us finding out in the last season but turns out to pretty pointless? What’s the point of the nights watch now? Just all very frustrating after so much has gone into it previous

Where the fuck did Bran go when he went flying in the crows before the battle, surely not to just see the Night King because he was gone ages. Could’ve been so much better but I feared this would happen after the first battle, not going to please everyone but just a majority would’ve helped.

After watching all of it in the last few weeks I think I can offer an opinion.

First few series were very well written and acted. There were quality actors, like Charles Dance, to bring along the younger lot. When you kill off all the decent actors at a stage where the youth are trying to show their acting mettle then things will go downhill slightly. The same happened with Harry Potter. Look at Radcliffe. Not a good actor. Same with the ginger one. And most of the others.

The same with GoT. A lot of them are not really that good. Arya Stark is the only one of the family to show any semblance of skill. A bit of comic timing. The rest? Not really. Especially Mr Charisma Jon Snow. And that dragon woman's eyebrows act better than she does.

As far as the story goes, it was always going to be about the Stark family. Sure the nomadic horse men disappearing along with the unsullied just buggering off was a bit odd. Sure Fat Sam's story was a little weird. Sure there were loads of other bits that didn't tie in but the main grasp of the story, how the Stark's won the West(eros) and the North, was expertly told. Even if the acting wasn't. Apart from the eyebrows obviously.

This opens it all up for a prequel. Which I have no interest in. First up should be Arya and her travels.

I believe the first spin off for Arya is called

Arya Does Dallas

He became a fiery Jose Mourinho!?

**** me, I have forgotten a lot from the earlier series.
I have just watched some "best bits" type vids on youtube. The amount of little comments that make sense/have a deeper meaning now is unreal. GoT's youtube chans have still got a few months of material left just from that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.