Running thread

Yeah, that's where you're going wrong. That will be miles off your max. HR, hence your watch thinking you're in zone 4 when you're almost certainly not.

Got a Garmin fenix 5 and would appreciate a pm explaining HR etc and what it is I’m reading on the garmin/Strava app?

Cheers.

Been getting knee pain under my patella. Feels like it's going to give way especially going downhill. Did a Google search and it could be 'Runner' s Knee'. Seems like it's ligament damage and the only cure is rest. Bit pissed off about that as was going to go for light runs every day on my holiday. Anyone experienced Runner's Knee and can offer advice etc? Cheers.

Been getting knee pain under my patella. Feels like it's going to give way especially going downhill. Did a Google search and it could be 'Runner' s Knee'. Seems like it's ligament damage and the only cure is rest. Bit pissed off about that as was going to go for light runs every day on my holiday. Anyone experienced Runner's Knee and can offer advice etc? Cheers.

I've had something similar. Mild pain in the knee when running. I'm 57 though, and have been playing footy all my life and still playing, so put mine down to wear and tear to the cartilage brought on by age. I've been taking rose hip supplements for about a week now. They are supposed to lubricate the joints, and I have noticed an improvement.

I’m also getting it mate and think it’s very much part and parcel of running and something you have to live with.

Strength training helps as it’s weak ligaments rather than actual damage I think and your knee muscles will get stronger and adapt.

I've had something similar. Mild pain in the knee when running. I'm 57 though, and have been playing footy all my life and still playing, so put mine down to wear and tear to the cartilage brought on by age. I've been taking rose hip supplements for about a week now. They are supposed to lubricate the joints, and I have noticed an improvement.
Bit younger than you (51) but have played football, squash, badminton, running and cycling. Always doing some sport or another. I'll give the rose hip a go, thanks.

I think it’s quite common when your handbag is too heavy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.