Game of Thrones (season 8)

Well what am I supposed to look forward to now, Vinny's gone, footballs gone and now GOTs. Gutted!!!

The only death's that I can think were unjustified would be the Tarley's, and even then they had the opportunity to bend the knee.

Depends on your perspective though. She didn't need to kill the masters in Meereen for example, but did because she's always been bloodthirsty.

Depends on your perspective though. She didn't need to kill the masters in Meereen for example, but did because she's always been bloodthirsty.

Yes it's about perspective, and from mine she was justified. Don't you think her descent into madness happened to quick? Personally I'd have liked to see it more fleshed out.

Yes it's about perspective, and from mine she was justified. Don't you think her descent into madness happened to quick? Personally I'd have liked to see it more fleshed out.

No, I think she's always been a bloodthirsty killer, happy to take an indefinite number of lives if it furthered her cause. Only difference this season is those she has murdered have been deemed more innocent than those in previous seasons. She could have shown more mercy on several occasions though.

The descent to madness only seems quick if you seem this season's deaths more meaningful than those in previous.

Had a good chat with @Paul Lake's Left Knee about this. They fucked off to do Star Wars basically. Mr Knee off the top of his noggin gave a good 10 series time line, with little excess i should add.Season 8 = white walkers, 9 = lanisters/kings landing, 10 = wind it up properly (probably only 5 eps needed though).

Apparently HBO would have been very happy to go this route but the writers now held all the power, well, enough to short change the end as they have.

No, I think she's always been a bloodthirsty killer, happy to take an indefinite number of lives if it furthered her cause. Only difference this season is those she has murdered have been deemed more innocent than those in previous seasons. She could have shown more mercy on several occasions though.

The descent to madness only seems quick if you seem this season's deaths more meaningful than those in previous.

Well virtually wiping out a whole city by genocide is certainly more meaningful than anything from the past. Nothing she has done previously comes close. There's no doubt it has been rushed Dannys descent into madness could have been an incredible story but they chose to have here go from hero to homicidal maniac in very few episodes. Your also forgetting all the good she has done while only concentrating on her negatives.

Dany witnessing her vision of the throne room made real sort of rubs salt into the wound. If she'd seen another vision coming true beforehand, it would have provided an excellent explanation for her going over the edge.

That's what the script was desperately trying to *tell* us, through the mouths of Varys etc - she'd become dangerous because she believed too much in her destiny. It's dreadfully disappointing that they didn't find anyway to SHOW it. Worse than that, what they chose to SHOW us about her inner state - trembling lips - took us in a completely different direction, and led us to believe it was about Cersei making her angry. And then there's the implications of the story, which was clearly pointing to her being affected by the death of her dragon and feeling isolated. Finally, D&D throw yet another spanner into the works with their comments about her forgetting about the Iron Fleet? What, so maybe she's really angry with herself about that?

It's a mess. All going off in different directions. Smacks of them not wanting to make any commitment or decision. They needed to pick a couple of believable and compelling explanations of/for her descent into madness, and then portray them using ALL the elements - the plot, the story, the dialogue, the action, and the performances - in unison.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.