Buying the league?

A title race with wolves in 2021/22 would certainly be a lot more pleasant than this years, your owners do sound like the real deal! I think if they had a time machine to 2009\10 having just brought you they might well how gone down a similar path to ours with the top loaded investment on not the best just to bridge the gap quicker. I'll certainly be putting £50 on you finishing above the rags so hope you have a good summer and enjoy your European adventures. I know the UEFA cup gets knocked in the msm but as an away fan they are amazingly experiences to be savoured. I certainly enjoyed them more than must chumps league trips and doubt I am alone with those sentiments.

Thanks mate, would be amazing and they are great owners! I liken them a bit to the people that own Leicester in terms of ambition and popularity with the supporters though unlike Leicester, Fosun want sustained success not a one off

Spot on mate

I do like the respect shown to us by your fans not just on here but when we took you close in the cup a couple of years ago and also the season just gone when we drew with you at Molineux (I was in hospitality that day and met some of the players!), I also find City fans to be knowledgeable on the game and interested in other clubs. Can't say the same about fans of some of the other big clubs who are dismissive of us and snipe about Mendes rather than acknowledging the bigger picture
I don't want to go all dipperish here and say how we're different but I suppose City fans of a certain vintage do have a unique perspective on things given the way attitudes have changed towards us. We went from being pitied and patronised to sneered at and the enemies of football. You know you're not going to get credit from your Midlands rivals that's tribalism but when you get shit from the self appointed elite you know you're on a good thing.

Its a stick we’re often beaten with from rivals and media alike
But if we just look at transfers over £30m since 10/11 it just doesn’t stack up

10/11
City Dzeko £33m
Utd
Chelsea Torres £56m
Liverpool Carroll £37m

11/12
City Aguero £36m
Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool

12/13
City
Utd Van Persie £30m
Chelsea Hazard £36m
Liverpool

13/14
City Fernandinho £36m
Utd Mata £42m Groot £30m
Chelsea Willian £32m
Liverpool

14/15
City
Utd Di Maria £62m Shaw £34m Herrera £33m
Chelsea Costa £35m Fabregas £30m
Liverpool

15/16
City DeBruyne £68m Stirling £55m Otamendi £38m
Utd Martial £54m Schneiderlein £32m Depay £32m
Chelsea
Liverpool Benteke £42m Firmino £31m

16/17
City Stones £50m Sane £45m
Utd Pogba £95m Mkitaryan £38m Bailly £35m
Chelsea Batshuayi £35m Kante £32m Luiz £31m
Liverpool Mane £37m

17/18
City Laporte £58m Mendy £51m Walker £45 BSilva £42m Ederson £35m
Utd Lukaku £76m Matic £41m Lindelof £35m Sanchez £30m
Chelsea Morata £59m Bakayoko £36m Drinkwater £34m Rudiger £31m
Liverpool Van Dijk £76m Salah £38m Oxlade Chamberlain £34m

18/19
City Mahrez £60m
Utd Fred £53m
Chelsea Kepa £72m Pulisic £58m Jorginho £52m
Liverpool Alisson £56m Keita £54m Fabinho £40m
Us buying Mendy and Walker in the same window tipped them over the edge.

Of course we have bought the league in fact we have bought all our recent trophies , the biggest spenders win titles Bayern ,Juve , PSG , Barca , Real , anyone stupid enough to think a team can be built through an academy with no investment is deluded. Leicester was an exception Ranieri cobbled together some experienced pro's and had an amazing one-off season , and it will never happen again
The difference is nearly every player we have bought recently has trebled in value or even more , if Sane decides to leave he will cost Bayern the wrong side of £90m , Jesus would be a similar value , Bernardo and KDB are virtually priceless , we have spent big money on players and in the whole spent very well. You only have to look across the road for lessons in how to blow £500m on players that they can't even get rid off on free transfers because of their ridiculous contracts
Yes we have bought success , so what's the crime ? FFP ? Just a device devised by UEFA to protect the "established" clubs in europe , well f*ck UEFA and the establishment , we are here to stay .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.