Game of Thrones (season 8)

Had a good chat with @Paul Lake's Left Knee about this. They fucked off to do Star Wars basically. Mr Knee off the top of his noggin gave a good 10 series time line, with little excess i should add.Season 8 = white walkers, 9 = lanisters/kings landing, 10 = wind it up properly (probably only 5 eps needed though).

Apparently HBO would have been very happy to go this route but the writers now held all the power, well, enough to short change the end as they have.

Sounds about right mate. Personally think they could still have done it in 8 series as long as we got 10 episodes instead of the 7 and 6 in the last two series.

After seeing on social media about the last episode not being very good, I wasn't looking forward to watching the last episode of GOT! But with reading how George R R Martin writes and tells his stories I was expecting twists and the unexpected, after reading the First book of GOT I thought then I new how George R R Martin would end the books with john Snow and Daenerys Targaryen on the iron throne as husband and wife after putting the world to rights!

How wrong was I and how happy was I with the final episode for me it was perfect a perfect end to a brilliant series.

Yes it's about perspective, and from mine she was justified. Don't you think her descent into madness happened to quick? Personally I'd have liked to see it more fleshed out.
I think her part was underwritten and she wasn’t able to fill in the blanks on the back of her acting ability/inability.

I thought her instinct was always to butcher and every mercy she showed was only after advisor intervention.

Power hungry, without doubt. Yes there has been advice she's taken but I can't agree with her being a butcher in the earlier series. she even tried to placate the nobles of Mereen, where did that get her. No one points out her actions always provided positive's, she was a very compassionate character the freeing of the slaves, unsullied included.

Power hungry, without doubt. Yes there has been advice she's taken but I can't agree with her being a butcher in the earlier series. she even tried to placate the nobles of Mereen, where did that get her. No one points out her actions always provided positive's, she was a very compassionate character the freeing of the slaves, unsullied included.

She crucified the nobles in Meereen! And it's alarmingly easy to see the other side of the coin. The noblemen/slavers would never have accepted an outside like her, so she destroyed them when possible and used the slaves for her own purposes.

Put it this way. If she'd survived and been a good queen of Westeros, would you have said her actions in King's Landing were justified?

The final season has just been a shambles. The whole thing has felt so rushed. From the white walkers being wiped out in the first proper battle, to the shambles that was the final episode.

That final episode might be the worst episode in the history of TV, far too many loose endings left to tie up and all of them 'tied up' far too quickly.

- Daenerys just getting taken out like that, when it looked like she didn't trust him at all after what she did to King's Landing.
- Greyworm and the dragon just letting Jon Snow live after what he'd done.
- Arya all of a sudden wanting to travel the world, having shown not love for it before hand.
- Sansa taking the North away from the seven kingdoms and everyone just being happy with it.
- Don't even get me started on making Bran king.
- Cersei and Jamie dying under rubble, the former deserved much worse.
- Bron popping up twice all season and ending up on the council.

That's just the final episode, the whole season had awful writing.
You clearly never watched Lost. The ending to that was bloody awful, far worse than this.

You clearly never watched Lost. The ending to that was bloody awful, far worse than this.
I just started watching lost. 6 episodes in I’m going to bin it. Partly because of all the post I have read on here recently, but mostly because it’s shite.
To the **** that put it in his top three series. You owe me.

I've been watching series 1-7 during the final season and I've just finished Season 5. What a season! Jamie and Bron in Dorne, The High Sparrow v Cersei, Tyrion dragged off to Meereen by Jorah, the Sons of Harpy Rebelion, Arya in the house of Black and White, Stanis in the North, Hardhome and the murder of Jon Snow.
Far, far better than this series. The main difference/problem being how rushed Series 7 and 8 were.
Incidently episodes 1 and 2 of Season 8 were pretty damn good and compare very well with the earlier series

Last edited:
Sounds about right mate. Personally think they could still have done it in 8 series as long as we got 10 episodes instead of the 7 and 6 in the last two series.
Yeah 8 would be fine to, they would need to cut out the excess though and make 7 and 8 full seasons, for me anyway. Season 8 just feels totally rushed.

She crucified the nobles in Meereen! And it's alarmingly easy to see the other side of the coin. The noblemen/slavers would never have accepted an outside like her, so she destroyed them when possible and used the slaves for her own purposes.

Put it this way. If she'd survived and been a good queen of Westeros, would you have said her actions in King's Landing were justified?

She freed the slaves in Mereen, she took revenge after they crucified slaves, can't remember were they kids?,. Afterwards under pressure she opened the fighting pits and was even going to marry one of the fucking nobles until the harpy's intervened.

Her actions in kings landing cannot be justified, but thats not the point, it's the lack of story for her downward spiral into madness thats annoying. Lazy, rushed writing has given an unsatisfactory end not just to Dany's character but also virtually every major character left standing.

See the Kit Harrington interview? Sum up the ending of game of thrones in one word Kit? He answered disappointing, I feel the same way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.