Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
a little history, and Sane by far would be our biggest sale. this is just one reason why we may not get what he is worth.

I'm saying cus we are rich we get forced to overpay for coveted players, and in the same vane teams offer us less knowing because of ffp we need players off the balance sheet as apposed to a pile of equity sitting on the bench. or wait til contracts expire and we get nothing, ball is in their court.

the most we have sold players for is about 25 million. twice, Kelechi Iheanacho and Negredo
we have payed more than 25 million 23 times,
and 24 million for Gundy, Nasri, and Lescott.
it looks like we tend to use players up and flog them off, Sane of course is all upside and would be our most ever obviously commanding a premium amount, 4x more if we got the numbers being floated around, IF he leave's, hope not.

i will provide the link so you can see what we've gotten compared to what we've paid for guys, or whatever.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/alletransfers/verein/281

Last edited:
Heard from someone today that the club are more optimistic about both Gundogan and Sane staying and signing new deals over summer. Hopefully true, would be gutted to lose either of them, but particularly Sane.

"Heard from someone"
oh no, now don't you start....
;)

Last edited:
a little history, and Sane by far would be our biggest sale. this is just one reason why we may not get what he is worth.

I'm saying cus we are rich we get forced to overpay for coveted players, and in the same vane teams offer us less knowing because of ffp we need players off the balance sheet as apposed to a pile of equity sitting on the bench. or wait til contracts expire and we get nothing, ball is in their court.

the most we have sold players for is about 25 million. twice, Kelechi Iheanacho and Negredo
it looks like we tend to use players up and flog them off, Sane of course is all upside and should command a premium amount, IF he leave's, hope not.

We don't sell our best players,if we lose sane he will be the first big player in a decade,it's a deliberate policy that we let players who have commited to us for their best years to wind down and leave,they don't go to direct rivals and are usually over 30

Turning into the signing Sanchez thread. Soon it will be we didn't want him anyway.

Heard from someone today that the club are more optimistic about both Gundogan and Sane staying and signing new deals over summer. Hopefully true, would be gutted to lose either of them, but particularly Sane.
Was it someone ‘in the know’ ;-) ;-)

We don't sell our best players,if we lose sane he will be the first big player in a decade,it's a deliberate policy that we let players who have commited to us for their best years to wind down and leave,they don't go to direct rivals and are usually over 30
yes, i basically said that,

it looks like we tend to use players up and flog them off, Sane of course is all upside and would be our most ever obviously commanding a premium amount, 4x more if we got the numbers being floated around, IF he leave's, hope not.

i will provide the link so you can see what we've gotten compared to what we've paid for guys, or whatever.

I don't agree on this part, being rich doesn't mean you have to be fool.

He has 2 years left, and a lots of things can change during 2 years. IF he isn't happy being on the bench thats fine, let him be unhappy for a while and then he will get his chance and shine again.

Mahrez was unhappy since he missed the penalty against Liverpool until the last league game of the season.

Once more, slowly this time ;-)

............CB............CB
....RB............DM............LB
...........RM...........LM
....RW............CF.............LW

And, if you can’t see that KDB is a preferred R(A)M, then I can’t help you. Yes, Bernardo plays out on the RW, as he also PREFERS the right side and cutting in on his left peg, but when KDB comes on, if Bernardo was playing RM, he shifts to LM.

As just the most recent example, look at the series of Wembley subs and who moved where when.

i get what your saying.
you just moved the outside backs up a notch on paper, ok, of course they play up the flanks ahead of the cb's. I said that in my post.
your switch thing, i don't always see that, with ferny in the side like my post was about, and fernandinho didnt play at wembley.
but I don't doubt that sometimes happens.
i do see very good players taking up the best possible positions in a fluid transition of reading the game. like i also said.
anyways, my point was that, regardless of where players are from time to time,
I agree with Pep, Sane doesn't start.

I don't agree on this part, being rich doesn't mean you have to be fool.

He has 2 years left, and a lots of things can change during 2 years. IF he isn't happy being on the bench thats fine, let him be unhappy for a while and then he will get his chance and shine again.

Mahrez was unhappy since he missed the penalty against Liverpool until the last league game of the season.
of course you shouldn't be a fool, I merely stated what's happened in the past, as for the rest of your post, no one's arguing that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.