Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good player who would be excellent for us. The only problem is that he isn’t as good as Stones or Laporte and would probably cost double what we paid for them.
Cost is kind of irrelevant if you want you be the best you can be. Get Maguire AND De Ligt why not? Also give us a chance to trial them, Stones and Eric in the Ferdy role.
You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.

If we get Maguire and De Ligt, that solves Pep's left back problem... don't play one, play 3 of: Laporte, Maguire, Stones, De Ligt and Walker.

This especially if Danilo is leaving, because we have 4 fullbacks and 1) Zinchenko is basically a midfielder doing a good job as left back
2) Mendy is dead
3) Walker is basically tasked to defend so a RCB
4) Danilo is potentially leaving

None of them play the 'traditional' way and we always form a 3 atb system, Pep might as well just fully implement it, and let Zinchenko go midfield.

He’s a good player. He doesn’t improve us but that’s a very hard thing to do, there’s probably only de ligt who’s obtainable that could do that in this position. Kompany needs replacing and otamendi might too, for the right price I’d be fine with him coming in. The issue is it isn’t going to be the right price, Leicester are going to demand a crazy fee and given our need for reinforcements and replacements elsewhere and a potential ban to plan for too it doesn’t make much sense.
I dont buy this "he doesn't improve us" stuff. If we dont replace Vinnie and Ota leaves, he certainly does improve us

With all the ffp hanging over us, I cant see our board even attempting to prise this guy away from Leicester.

What would they want; 65 - 80m for him, we got linked with de ligt until Pep told the gutter press were not in for him.

I just don't see Pep going for Maguire, it will be somebody less obvious imho.

I think we 'sealed the deal' the moment he ran out of defence and went past Gundogan.
To be honest he's 'ok', definitely nothing special, but I reckon he'll be the one they go for.

Let's see what the Leicester fans, who've seen him play over forty times in the last year, think...

"I hope [he goes to Manchester City] he's absolute pump. I have never ever understood the hype."

"Great. Can we give them Wes as well."

"Think we should make it £75m just so it's the same price as Van Dijk... the comparisons when it all goes wrong will be much easier for the journos!!"

"Sell sell sell at that price "

"I would take half of that tbh"

"Smalling's probably better... the other two [Bailly and Jones] are probably the same quality as Maguire - the difference being every mistake they make at United is under scrutiny whilst Maguire gets away with his errors here."

That's all from the first PAGE of the Leicester forum thread on his possible departure. Also several fans who think Evans is better. I haven't got time to read further at the moment but will later.

No agenda against the lad but if that's what his own fans think of him we should be deeply concerned about the idea of spending £70m on him...

Could that money not go towards a left-back and DM and persuade Otamendi to stay one more year? Or even sign a cheaper CB?

What rubbish. Most of that thread is hugely complimentary.

To be fair how good is he compared to VVD , I'd sayiif VVD (which is the ckaibre of player we need) were a 9 then Maguire is a 7 at best. Laporte 7.5.Stones 6, Otamendi 5?

Based on this, who's an available 9? Remember De Ligt has said he favours Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.