Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind this guy? He's obviously not as good as De Ligt but he's terrific aerially and great on the ball, better than both Vinny and Ota I would say. Of course not as good defensively but with Stones and Laporte already here, we won't rely on him to be our starter. He's HG and would cover us in that department if Delph leaves.

I’m sure if we sign him he’ll improve significantly under Pep.

We also need someone good in the air, and from what I’ve seen of Leicester and England games he’s not that bad on the ball, certainly better than Ota. We can’t expect a 6 ft 4 centre half to be like Bernardo on the ball. As long as he’s not like Titus Bramble I think he’ll do well here.

I’m sure if we sign him he’ll improve significantly under Pep.

We also need someone good in the air, and from what I’ve seen of Leicester and England games he’s not that bad on the ball, certainly better than Ota. We can’t expect a 6 ft 4 centre half to be like Bernardo on the ball. As long as he’s not like Titus Bramble I think he’ll do well here.

The counter argument is that ;
  • he's not as good as De Ligt (the only other cb we've been remotely linked with)
  • he'll cost 70m
But the issue is that we can't do anything if De Ligt prefers a move to Barca where he has a chance to reunite with FDJ and link with the greatest to ever play the game in Messi.
The money thing is a non-issue for me personally, because he's HG and already knows the league so you could add a 15-20m premium on that, and either way we are gonna get scrutinized by everyone even if we get him for 40m, so what's the frickin point.

Usually we target three players, De Ligt, Maguire be interesting to see who we get linked to for the third. I still think Pep's priorities this summer are the DM. Pep also stated wanted Fern to be centre back, be interesting to see how things alter.

I dont buy this "he doesn't improve us" stuff. If we dont replace Vinnie and Ota leaves, he certainly does improve us

He doesn’t improve us in that he’s not better than stones and Laporte but as I said in that post, there’s not many that are. We obviously need somebody in that position and I’d be quite content with maguire but it’s all about price given the need for improvements elsewhere too and despite what the media will say we don’t have an unlimited budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.