General transfer rumours

Nmecha was awful in that youth cup final. Truly.. like maybe he felt he was too good to be there.. on that performance he was wrong.
Truly a horrible performance. Looked like he was playing in a friendly. I think he’s the one who lost the ball ahead of the dippers equaliser as well. Very good player when he wants to

Borussia Dortmund sold Christian Pulisic for ~€65m, replaced him with Julian Brandt & Thorgan Hazard AND made a profit.

Borussia Dortmund sold Christian Pulisic for ~€65m, replaced him with Julian Brandt & Thorgan Hazard AND made a profit.
Chelsea are mugs. In my opinion, the Pulisic transfer for Chelsea was more about expanding their profile and shirt sales in the American market than for footballing reasons.

Pulisic is good but not great. He'd been all but displaced by Sancho at Dortmund, who was by an large outplaying him. However, Pulisic is a big name on the US National team, probably their biggest now that Dempsey and Donovan have retired.

Chelsea made a similar move two years ago signing Matt Miazga, another up and comer supposedly for the USMNT. They then loaned him out almost straight away. I'll be surprised if he gets any serious playing time there in the near future. With the Pulisic and Miazga signings it's all about the Yankee Dollar.

And what did they win again ?
Constant chop and change is one reason they never win anything.
City won't be happy with transfer profit and 0 trophies I guess.

I mean to be fair they improved massively while turning the profit so I think it's alright to make note of their good business...I'm an American and I can say without a doubt that Pulisic was sold for such a high fee because he went to an English club AND he's American, which Chelsea will like for marketing purposes. Sarri himself said he wasn't really looking at Pulisic and it was more of the club's decision to sign him.

Winning is what is most important, but no matter how you spin it they got a great return for Pulisic and used that cash to sign T. Hazard, Brandt, and 1/2 the fee of Schulz. That is excellent business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.