Bugsy`s Ashton, anybody remember it?

Back to Basics was fuckung mint!
It was in a shopping centre if I remember rightly and 3 rooms. Basement,middle and upper. Only went upstairs once as that was proper hardcore music. Also love to be at the ledmill Sheffield was brilliant. Saw Alister Whitehead and Jeremy Healy in there on the same night. Great times!!

It was in a shopping centre if I remember rightly and 3 rooms. Basement,middle and upper. Only went upstairs once as that was proper hardcore music. Also love to be at the ledmill Sheffield was brilliant. Saw Alister Whitehead and Jeremy Healy in there on the same night. Great times!!
Alister died in a car crash in about ‘93. Met his brother a couple of years after, who did the odd slot at Basics. Met Dave Beer in Ibiza a couple of times. He was an interesting character.

If you wanted hard techno in Yorkshire the only place to go was the Orbit in Morley. I fucking loved that club. Rough as fuck with amazing music, principally from the folk at Eastern Bloc records on Oldham Street in town.

Alister died in a car crash in about ‘93. Met his brother a couple of years after, who did the odd slot at Basics. Met Dave Beer in Ibiza a couple of times. He was an interesting character.

If you wanted hard techno in Yorkshire the only place to go was the Orbit in Morley. I fucking loved that club. Rough as fuck with amazing music, principally from the folk at Eastern Bloc records on Oldham Street in town.
Think you might be getting your DJs mixed up. Allister Whitehead is definitely still alive, saw him at a gig a few years ago and in in Manchester on Sunday DJing an Gorilla

One from the Oldham crew. Remember paying £100 for this years ago and had to live off tomato soup for a week. Up on discogs now for £200 - £300.

Flippin eck, what a blast from the past this thread is, got the name of some absolute belting tunes this this over the last few years.

Not sure if anyone is intersted or not, but i bought some new toys a few months ago and have been busy getting bck in to the swing of things again, had a right blast.

Feel free to have a listen if you wish, hope you enjoy, these mixes have a proper mixture of old and older :)

https://www.mixcloud.com/bazbarrybazzer/

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.