Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't even know who Sancho was then he left us and over night became the hottest property in the world who became the poster boy for our failed academy,if he is a 100m player he would be in our first team,i'm not clicking on it but from what you say the figures are made up to sound as bad a possible

TBF he's had an excellent spell at Dortmund and will fetch a decent fee if he leaves this Summer, 100m I highly doubt but if anyone is stupid enough look no further than the Rags.
You're right about him being used as a negative story against us.

Don’t know why we are surprised. The BBC is an organisation who turned a blind eye to the likes of Jimmy Saville for years. If they can do that, emails about biased football reporting isn’t even gonna register.

I can see you’ve got a couple of Likes for this, but for me:
1) agree with the criticism of the BBC re City, and
2) agree with the criticism re Saville.

But to link the two is absolutely crackers imho.

The academy is doing exactly what it was designed to do. It’s basically another value stream. If it turns up the odd Foden along the way all the better.

The purpose of the academy is to develop young players for the first team squad as well as pay for itself. There won’t be many who make it because of the level of competition.

I can see you’ve got a couple of Likes for this, but for me:
1) agree with the criticism of the BBC re City, and
2) agree with the criticism re Saville.

But to link the two is absolutely crackers imho.
Not really a link but it was more the point that if they don’t give a toss about something that important, a few of us complaining is unlikely to have any effect. The BBC will not admit they are wrong, even if the truth is staring them in the face.

I’ve always said the academy is about giving kids away into football. The education we give is second to none and we should have no issue with it.

It is hard for anyone to make it at Citybut as Foden is showing not impossible. I thought the article could have mentioned his contribution to winning the league especially against his goal against Spurs.

Foden now has 2 league winners medal, none of the ones who left have that!!

We do run into a situation where players have 1-2 year left on their contract and we want them to renew but they don’t due to a lack of first team opportunities and believe there future is best served elsewhere. At this point there is very little value in loaning and unless they are exceptional and ready they won’t be in the first team. The sensible solution is to sell and possibly buy back/ sell on clause.

Can something be done about this, I don’t really see how.

We will struggle to bring through a lot of youth at the same time and I do think that is the issue Diaz and Sancho had that Foden was the priority so got the limited game time there was.

The article is fairly balanced and shows how much we have made. Regardless what anyone says the only team that have benefitted from Sancho more than us so far is Dortmund. We have still got 10 million, a reported sell on amount. So better than nothing.

Give it a good 10 years and we’ll see where it is, but looks a success to me!

Here we go. The Daily Fail now leading with "Manchester City's lost academy. £300 million worth of young talent deserted City".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html

Another way to look at it is that we have provided a wonderful opportunity for young players to develop under the guidance of quality coaches at unrivalled facilities and provided a superb private academic education. This has resulted in these young men securing a future as professionals in the game. They are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.