Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he does put some serious work in & gets the rewards.

Our left back situation is bizarre for a club of our stature, as we are basically playing without one most weeks, 3 at the back & getting away with it.

That's just Pep being Pep innit. He played a midget DM at CB and won loads too at Barca. He makes things that look odd appear perfectly normal because he's a god-like genius. He could get away with Aguero at RB if you gave him time. It's got to the point where I don't really worry about mad stuff he does, like persisting with no real LB, because he's right 99 times out of 100. The beautiful bastard.

That's just Pep being Pep innit. He played a midget DM at CB and won loads too at Barca. He makes things that look odd appear perfectly normal because he's a god-like genius. He could get away with Aguero at RB if you gave him time. It's got to the point where I don't really worry about mad stuff he does, like persisting with no real LB, because he's right 99 times out of 100. The beautiful bastard.

He is incredible & you are right, he just accepts whatever football throws at him & adapts to it.

Nobody would have given us a hope of ding what we did this season, with KDB missing for most of it. Then Fernandinho gets injured on top of it.

Watching us recently, on occasion we have had teams running at us with several players in acres of space, Gundogan & Zinchenko already wrong side of the ball, Laporte, Kompany or indeed Walker, have just stepped in, whisked the ball away & off we go again (in fact some of the biggest dangers have come from us then giving the ball away, after cleaning it up, but they solved that too). Then Ederson steps in when that goes wrong.

It would be interesting to see what Pep's team would look like, with everyone fit for ten games or so.

I think we can do better than to judge players' attitudes by their social media activity.

On the one hand, yes.

On the other, most professionals are held accountable to their social media activity depending on how it reflects their professionalism. It’s not a million miles away to see why he’s held to it on here.

On the one hand, yes.

On the other, most professionals are held accountable to their social media activity depending on how it reflects their professionalism. It’s not a million miles away to see why he’s held to it on here.
I don't agree. Bernardo is clearly a big joker, has a big social media presence. No one calls his professionalism into question, because we can see him perform on the pitch. With Mendy, his work is invisible to us, so we rashly assume he's not doing any.

I don't agree. Bernardo is clearly a big joker, has a big social media presence. No one calls his professionalism into question, because we can see him perform on the pitch. With Mendy, his work is invisible to us, so we rashly assume he's not doing any.

I didn’t state either way my opinion, however drew comparison.

Though I don’t particularly care, Bernardo’s social media presence doesn’t seem to include playing pranks on our manager regarding whereabouts before a match day, clubbing during the season or being caught on crutches legging it down the touchline when doctors advice would have told him otherwise.

I’d argue they’re not similar for a multitude of reasons. Just like a teacher on long-term sick wouldnt be, compared to an ever present and dependable teacher who is there in the classroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.