UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Javier Tebas - Can our lawyers put him on the stand for cross examination when we eventually get our say in court ?

Its the complete opposite, we are great for football, we're actually changing the way its played for the better, and our goals for tally shows exactly that, and where we've led, others will follow.

Why anyone wants to read a bitter dipper fanzine article, I've no idea, it wasn't ever going to be "balanced", we've even helped make their club better, and they can't see it through their tears, f**k them.
We’re supplying the Prem with more young players than any other club. Our investment in players means more money in turnover across the Prem and Europe.

I would love it if, when we bring the situation to court, it’s televised. I want to see the bigwigs trying to threaten us, being cross examined in court. No doubt our lawyers are keeping a detailed record of all these unfounded comments being made publicly with a view to putting these guys on the stand.

There is a great thread from Twitter, that @Prestwich_Blue and the Bolt From The Blue Team are looking to present very soon (with the author's permission obviously).

It is an outsiders view (a Valencia fan I think) on City's financing about the sheer laziness of others who take the easy option of criticism, rather than trying to emulate.

I suppose it is similar to Pep's/Cruyff's coaching methods. People call it "boring" with all the passing, but it is a tried and trusted methodology. But as we know in life, people much prefer to moan rather than put some graft in to try to be the same or better.

It's gonna be a great read...you will certainly enjoy it.

There is a great thread from Twitter, that @Prestwich_Blue and the Bolt From The Blue Team are looking to present very soon (with the author's permission obviously).

It is an outsiders view (a Valencia fan I think) on City's financing about the sheer laziness of others who take the easy option of criticism, rather than trying to emulate.

I suppose it is similar to Pep's/Cruyff's coaching methods. People call it "boring" with all the passing, but it is a tried and trusted methodology. But as we know in life, people much prefer to moan rather than put some graft in to try to be the same or better.

That might be the same guy (Cerro something or other, I think) who's tweet was copied here a few pages back (Monday, maybe) - his twitter page says he's a Valencia fan.

Edit: post #10634 of media thread.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/media-coverage-2018-19.337141/page-1064#post-11811079

Javier Tebas - Can our lawyers put him on the stand for cross examination when we eventually get our say in court ?

We've already threatened him with legal action once, and not followed through with it, which is presumably why he feels emboldened enough to continue with his verbal attacks.

Somebody tell him that Liverpool failed FFP in 2013 and were set to fail again in 2015 until UEFA accepted their plea to offset £50m of stadium development costs (the Stanley Park project) which never happened. Which makes Liverpool liars as well as cheats.

He might also be reminded that if he expects City to face stiffer opposition in domestic cups a good first step might be for the coward Klopp not to bin them off, as he has done the past two seasons, because he's incapable of running a campaign on four fronts.

As a comparison of that £50m for the "work on Stanley Park" take a look at the spurs NWHL development phase 1 totalling £15m including some compulsory purchase orders in built up London around grade 2 listed buildings and actually included some construction. At the time the American architects listed all their major projects defined as receiving in excess of $10m which didnt include the liverpool project. However no investigative journalist or uefa asked any questions of such discrepancies and just accepted Liverpool wasted £50m on a model and some artwork.

Yeah, it's a cracking read what that Valencia fan put on Twitter.

I've been saying for ages that all these clubs moaning about City's business model would be better off trying to emulate all or part of it instead. I appreciate some clubs don't have the resources to do it but a lot of them actually do. If Spurs can borrow hundreds of millions of pounds to build a new stadium, for example, they could've just as easily borrowed hundreds of millions of pounds to implement some of City's ideas, as could United, Arsenal, et al. I know Spurs probably isn't the best example to use because they do have a good system in place regarding their academy, etc, but it was just to point out that clubs of that size or bigger could get their hands on significant funds to do what City have done, either through their wealthy owners or some other means

As a comparison of that £50m for the "work on Stanley Park" take a look at the spurs NWHL development phase 1 totalling £15m including some compulsory purchase orders in built up London around grade 2 listed buildings and actually included some construction. At the time the American architects listed all their major projects defined as receiving in excess of $10m which didnt include the liverpool project. However no investigative journalist or uefa asked any questions of such discrepancies and just accepted Liverpool wasted £50m on a model and some artwork.
That's around the ball park figure for our UAE "inflated sponsorships".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.