Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
His acceleration and quickness wouldn't be an issue, better than Otamendi and similar to Laporte in that regard. A much bigger concern is how slow he is on the turn and occasional lack of awareness of players running off him. If you take the game Leicester lost 1-0 to United, Rashford peeling off his shoulder and Pogba clipped it over his head. A very easy goal and there were several other similar instances leading to chances and goals or Maguire not reacting to rebounds/deflections allowing an attacker to steal in and score. Our centre backs might make mistakes but very very rarely do you see them standing watching a goal go in because they've switched off completely.

He would sort us out from set pieces, seems to have a good understanding with Stones and Walker & Guardiola would probably improve him quite a bit. But would just cost too much for what he'd bring in my opinion. Would much prefer to try and persuade Otamendi to stay one more season and then see what's out there.

He wouldn't be my first choice. Not as flashy as signing De Light from Ajax, but if Pep wants him then that's good enough for me. He's solid and fairly good with his feet. He'd be a decent signing. The only thing I wouldn't be looking forward to is the potential price tag. I really couldn't be bothered getting into a bidding war with United for him. Obviously Leicester would want a good bit of money for him but I really wouldn't like to go overboard on the transfer fee.

Correct, if he costs the same, or more than De Ligt then people will compare the deals negatively. I’d rather have De Ligt but if we can’t get him Maguire May be the next best option.

I’m actually choking to see who we manage to get this summer.

I’d have Maguire as a replacement for Otamendi but not as a replacement for Vinny. Although Pep knows best and if Stonesy is ready to step up to be a regular starter then it might be ok. Laporte seemed better with Stones than Vinny anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.