UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already threatened him with legal action once, and not followed through with it, which is presumably why he feels emboldened enough to continue with his verbal attacks.

What was encouraging to see was that interview with Ceferin in the NYT where he was criticising Tebas for gobbing off so much. As diplomatic as he came across, you can tell he's pissed off with him

As a comparison of that £50m for the "work on Stanley Park" take a look at the spurs NWHL development phase 1 totalling £15m including some compulsory purchase orders in built up London around grade 2 listed buildings and actually included some construction. At the time the American architects listed all their major projects defined as receiving in excess of $10m which didnt include the liverpool project. However no investigative journalist or uefa asked any questions of such discrepancies and just accepted Liverpool wasted £50m on a model and some artwork.
But they definitely cut the grass, and that's a big lawnmowing job. Nothing to see here.

#this means mow

As a comparison of that £50m for the "work on Stanley Park" take a look at the spurs NWHL development phase 1 totalling £15m including some compulsory purchase orders in built up London around grade 2 listed buildings and actually included some construction. At the time the American architects listed all their major projects defined as receiving in excess of $10m which didnt include the liverpool project. However no investigative journalist or uefa asked any questions of such discrepancies and just accepted Liverpool wasted £50m on a model and some artwork.

Let's be fair - they also mowed the grass on Stanley Park!

I would love it if, when we bring the situation to court, it’s televised. I want to see the bigwigs trying to threaten us, being cross examined in court. No doubt our lawyers are keeping a detailed record of all these unfounded comments being made publicly with a view to putting these guys on the stand.
Highly unlikely this goes to Court in the sense you are thinking of. More likely the judicial review City referred to was the CAS

Take a deep breath before you read this. If you want to read it?

He doesn’t pull any Scouse punches, from the first paragraph, ‘it’s only since the demolition of Watford in the FA Cup final – reducing the competition to a farce’, to, Spurs and Liverpool have reached the Champions League final and secured top four spots (and Liverpool 97 points) by playing fair financially, and in the past, selling in order to improve their squads.

Unless other clubs do the same, it’s not exactly sport. (meaning City)

He starts of being less than diplomatic, but them comes out with the well used City-FFP related accusations by Scousers, financial doping, etc.

Expect this article to appear on a RAWK forum near you soon.

You are not obliged to click on the link.

Man City and Liverpool’s Spending – A Factual ‘Transfer Price Index’ Analysis

https://tomkinstimes.com/2019/05/ma...ding-a-factual-transfer-price-index-analysis/
He uses a system called £XI whereby he calculates the average cost of a team's starting eleven over a season. Now, on the face of it, this seems like it would be a levelling algorithm (I don't know how he does it and am not going to waste my time investigating) BUT it has a massive flaw that anyone with any data analysis or statistical experience (like me) can see straight away. If a team buys expensive players and they prove to be ineffective/unavailable then they will play less, and they are often replaced by cheaper squad players (like Mendy by Zinchenko/Delph), thus REDUCING the overall team avg cost. This isn't a measure of spend, it's a measure of purchasing effectiveness especially when you compare it with the TotallyMoney algorithm which uses all bought players. If the gap between City's spend in comparison with others (in today's money) is greater in Tomkins than TotallyMoney it proves that generally City are either buying players well or replacing ineffective (and expensive) players quickly.

Caution has to be taken when interpreting manipulated data in this way. Both TotallyMoney and Tomkins adjust actual transfer fees into today's money using an arbitrary method of avg overall player transfer fee to show 'inflation' from year to year (eg if avg in year 1 is £10M and avg in year 2 is £11M, then inflation is 10%). This isn't really accurate at all because of the way investment and politics works in the game.

He uses a system called £XI whereby he calculates the average cost of a team's starting eleven over a season. Now, on the face of it, this seems like it would be a levelling algorithm (I don't know how he does it and am not going to waste my time investigating) BUT it has a massive flaw that anyone with any data analysis or statistical experience (like me) can see straight away. If a team buys expensive players and they prove to be ineffective/unavailable then they will play less, and they are often replaced by cheaper squad players (like Mendy by Zinchenko/Delph), thus REDUCING the overall team avg cost. This isn't a measure of spend, it's a measure of purchasing effectiveness especially when you compare it with the TotallyMoney algorithm which uses all bought players. If the gap between City's spend in comparison with others (in today's money) is greater in Tomkins than TotallyMoney it proves that generally City are either buying players well or replacing ineffective (and expensive) players quickly.

Caution has to be taken when interpreting manipulated data in this way. Both TotallyMoney and Tomkins adjust actual transfer fees into today's money using an arbitrary method of avg overall player transfer fee to show 'inflation' from year to year (eg if avg in year 1 is £10M and avg in year 2 is £11M, then inflation is 10%). This isn't really accurate at all because of the way investment and politics works in the game.

I didn't think that bit was hugely useful, and didn't take much from it. Liverpool have two cheap fullbacks, plus Milner, so those three alone will drag their XI playing cost/match down significantly.
I assume he did it by simply summing starting appearances x cost, and dividing by 38.

As you say, statistics always require understanding of context and limitations.

I didn't think that bit was hugely useful, and didn't take much from it. Liverpool have two cheap fullbacks, plus Milner, so those three alone will drag their XI playing cost/match down significantly.
I assume he did it by simply summing starting appearances x cost, and dividing by 38.

As you say, statistics always require understanding of context and limitations.
Is this another trophy for the dippers, the £X1 starting eleven algorithm trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.