United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that more as the Glazers trying to trim costs with the aim of maximising revenue and profits so their dividends and standard of living don't slip.

I agree.

The Glasers are currently able to draw a nice amount in management fees as well as service the interest on the debt they took out to buy the club in the first place. As an income stream it is doing very nicely thank you. They don't have to put in any money of their own to be able to afford a big name purchase every now and then, and even though they are a long way off the pace in terms of competing for trophies they have a vast fanbase that will keep the revenue flowing for a long time yet.

Unless somebody offers them silly money - and nobody is going to - they have a steady income stream and neither any need nor any incentive to sell.

I have no evidence whatsoever but I've said it earlier in this thread...I personally feel the Glazers are lining the club up for selling.
  • Removing the big earners from the payroll
  • Extending the contracts of certain lesser, older players, who will stay on average/mediocre wages, thus not spending upwards of £100m on two centre halves.
  • Looking to sign kids that will likely have a positive sell on price in the next few years.
  • They can then take even more from the profits of the club. Can even play the "investing in youth" card.

If they only spend small(ish) this year, in comparison to what we would normally expect, it further fits my conspiracy.

Wasn't their sponsorship supposed to drop as well if they were outside the Chumps League?

Like I said, no evidence, not an expert, just putting pieces together that fit my supposition.

You could be right or it could be that if you trim the wages, sorry slash the wage bill and don't buy expensive old players there will be more money to syphon off back to the U S of A.

Given that Rags fans keep going (and buying the merchandise) all the Glazers need do is provide a team that stays roughly in the top 10, or at best, gets UEFA League qualification. Anything more is a bonus. They keep collecting ££££££££s. As long as the money does dry up, I doubt the Glazers care if United never win another trophy. It's just a cash cow for them. Even if the Rags got relegated (highly unlikely) the hordes would keep going and buying the crap, albeit sponsorship would dry up a tad. I don't see how the Glazers can lose, they're laughing all the way to the bank.

Alternatively, they could just sell up and receive a huge wedge of capital.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-makes-decision-16181525
WqQ3Q.gif

giphy.gif

Love it, just love it...
th

zsが-man-utds-sinking-ship-682359.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.