Emma Hayes - Female Football Coach

To be honest, I heard that conversation on the podcast and thought they'd lost their collective minds. It was a prime example of how the need to appear "right on" and super liberal in public these days has clouded all semblance of common sense.

The truth is that men's football and women's football are essentially two completely different sports, played at incomparable levels tactically, financially and professionally. Not to mention the fact that men and women themselves are motivated by completely different things.

In that context, Emma Hayes has zero credentials relevant to managing the men's team at Chelsea. That's not to say that a woman could never coach or manage a men's Premier League team; of course they could. But it won't come from switching directly from the women's game, it will come from them establishing themselves in the men's game and building up the relevant experience to coach a team of multi-millionaire men.

BTW, to put that into context, I thought the appointment of Phil Neville as manager of the England ladies' team was ridiculous for the very same reasons.

It's so sad that some neanderthals only see employing women as "pc liberal agenda" it never occurs they may have something to offer. You see the same if a black/Asian/ mixed race actor is cast or a characters gender is changed in a movie or show, they are all there... " i don't mind A,B or C but... but.. but" . They should probably go back to watching "Jordan Peterson destroys SJW" videos on youtube.

To be honest, I heard that conversation on the podcast and thought they'd lost their collective minds. It was a prime example of how the need to appear "right on" and super liberal in public these days has clouded all semblance of common sense.

The truth is that men's football and women's football are essentially two completely different sports, played at incomparable levels tactically, financially and professionally. Not to mention the fact that men and women themselves are motivated by completely different things.

In that context, Emma Hayes has zero credentials relevant to managing the men's team at Chelsea. That's not to say that a woman could never coach or manage a men's Premier League team; of course they could. But it won't come from switching directly from the women's game, it will come from them establishing themselves in the men's game and building up the relevant experience to coach a team of multi-millionaire men.

BTW, to put that into context, I thought the appointment of Phil Neville as manager of the England ladies' team was ridiculous for the very same reasons.

Couldn't agree more

No one on this thread has said that.
This is literally what you just said in your post

"To be honest, I heard that conversation on the podcast and thought they'd lost their collective minds. It was a prime example of how the need to appear "right on" and super liberal in public these days has clouded all semblance of common sense".

You totally dismiss the idea because you can't see past her gender.

Watched her a few times on the debate show and she talks a lot of sense , very knowledgeable but will never get the gig as a manager of a male football team ,nothing to do with her ability it just wouldnt be accepted by professional footballers , the womens game is now getting a lot more coverage and that is where she will be a great success. But she is the best female pundit in the media by a mile , she knows football inside out and doesnt let her allegiances cloud her judgement unlike twats like her male counterparts like Murphy,Carragher,Owen,Mr Pointy and others.

This is literally what you just said in your post

"To be honest, I heard that conversation on the podcast and thought they'd lost their collective minds. It was a prime example of how the need to appear "right on" and super liberal in public these days has clouded all semblance of common sense".

You totally dismiss the idea because you can't see past her gender.
Well then you completely misunderstood my post. I dismissed the idea because she has zero relevant credentials or experience for taking on the job of managing Chelsea's men's team.

It had absolutely nothing to do with her gender.

Had the article in question suggested City should interview Nick Cushing when Pep calls it a day, I'd have been equally dismissive of the idea.

The point I was making was not that a woman can't possibly do a "man's job", but that success in women's football is not a valid yardstick for how someone would perform in the men's game.

I literally even said there's no reason why a woman couldn't manage a Premier League team if she has built up relevant experience in the men's game. But I guess you didn't read that far.

If a glorified translator can make a half decent football coach then surely a woman can

Well then you completely misunderstood my post. I dismissed the idea because she has zero relevant credentials or experience for taking on the job of managing Chelsea's men's team.

It had absolutely nothing to do with her gender.

Had the article in question suggested City should interview Nick Cushing when Pep calls it a day, I'd have been equally dismissive of the idea.

The point I was making was not that a woman can't possibly do a "man's job", but that success in women's football is not a valid yardstick for how someone would perform in the men's game.

I literally even said there's no reason why a woman couldn't manage a Premier League team if she has built up relevant experience in the men's game. But I guess you didn't read that far.
Bollocks. You dismissed the idea out of hand in your 1st paragraph as "right on" and "super liberal" and no amount of maneuvering changes that. The rest of what you have just wrote is the same shite that women have faced in everything from business to horse racing.

Bollocks. You dismissed the idea out of hand in your 1st paragraph as "right on" and "super liberal" and no amount of maneuvering changes that. The rest of what you have just wrote is the same shite that women have faced in everything from business to horse racing.
Behave. It's all there in the original post. There's no maneuvering going on whatsoever.

Do you think those journalists would have spent 5 minutes seriously discussing the idea of Cushing taking over from Guardiola? No, they'd have dismissed it as a ridiculous idea.

The suggestion that Hayes is qualified to succeed Sarri is equally ridiculous, but they wouldn't dare say that on national TV as they'd be labelled as sexist Neanderthals by reactionary dickheads like you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.