Wolves

Joa Moutinho is a cracking player. hope you do well next season.

Make sure you take points at Anfield..

Joa Moutinho is a cracking player. hope you do well next season.

Make sure you take points at Anfield..

He certainly is, such an elegant footballer but also gets stuck in. £5m for him was excellent value, up there with the £60k we paid West Brom for Steve Bull back in 1986!

He certainly is, such an elegant footballer but also gets stuck in. £5m for him was excellent value, up there with the £60k we paid West Brom for Steve Bull back in 1986!

Not to be elitist or belittle(ist) (we were there remember!)

Moutinho reminds me of when we brought in Elano, Corluka etc. Massive turning point for us and the parallels are there

Oh we enjoyed beating those lot twice and drawing at the swamp!

As I posted on the Buying the league thread:

They (Fosun) have stated that they aim to compete with the top clubs for top players this summer. They are the real deal and not prepared to stand still. This season was good but in their words, they didn't buy Wolves to finish 7th. This is just the start and they are already making big inroads into China (all our games are screened live there), Mexico as we signed Mexican national hero Raul Jimenez and of course, Portugal!

They are also investing heavily in the infrastructure of the club with big improvements to the training ground, laying replica pitches to the Molineux playing surfaces and plans to rebuild Molineux as a 50K seater. We have a waiting list of 5K for season tickets alone!

If the rags don’t improve drastically on their form of the last two to three months, I can see you, Everton, Leicester and even Watford finishing above them.

Awroit skip?

Thanks for the kind words guys. I think most of our fans like and respect City and can't stand United and Liverpool (or the Scum and the Dippers as I've learned from this forum!). We have had a fantastic couple of years under the god that is Nuno and Fosun have done a magnificent job, especially when I look at what Chinese owners have done at Villa, Albion and Blues. They had a ropey first season with the eccentric Walter Zenga and the dullard Paul Lambert but then along came Nuno and he transformed us into one of the Championship's greatest ever sides and then continued that into the Premier League. Remember that Carabao Cup game where we took your boys all the way to penalties?

Signing Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota for the second tier was insane then upon promotion the signings of Rui Patricio and Joao Moutinho (£5m for the man we all say is the most gifted player we have ever seen in a gold shirt), 7th is great for our first season back and a Wembley semi too which we sadly threw away to Watford late on - you may have beaten us in the final but I think we would have given you more of a game!

For perspective we have to remember that following the sacking of Big Mick, we were relegated to the Championship then again to League One the following year by that village idiot Saunders. That was 2013. Thankfully Kenny Jackett brought us straight back up before a period of stagnation set in under Steve Morgan and Moxey the antichrist before Fosun came along.

I don't think we will lose players over the sumer. We certainly don't need the money and Nuno is growing a very special club with players that love him, he manages egos superbly and we have no primadonnas. Players at all levels play the same system and are ready when needed and know what's expected of them. John Ruddy was a fine keeper as we got promotion but last season played understudy to Patricio, only playing the cup games, but not once did he throw his toys out of the pram.

Fosun are promising us an exciting summer where they will be looking to compete with the top clubs for players. It says it all that yesterday we were tenuously linked with Gareth Bale and whilst that is a pipe dream, nobody laughed which says it all.

Good luck guys, proper fans of a proper club and no plastics!
It's a long and hard road even with money and there are no guarantees of sustained success despite what people will have you believe. We have been very lucky to have money but also one of the top management teams in world football and owners with a vision and will to match. Even then it hasn't been easy and there are no guarantees for what will happen in the future.
So enjoy the journey, because that is the most enjoyable part of it, regardless of whether you reach the destination, but more importantly stay humble and be respectful to fans and clubs that may not be as lucky as yourselves.

Funny as fuck Wolves fans singing Raheem top of the league at Klanfield. Think they can push for top 4 with the right signings in the summer.

It's a long and hard road even with money and there are no guarantees of sustained success despite what people will have you believe. We have been very lucky to have money but also one of the top management teams in world football and owners with a vision and will to match. Even then it hasn't been easy and there are no guarantees for what will happen in the future.
So enjoy the journey, because that is the most enjoyable part of it, regardless of whether you reach the destination, but more importantly stay humble and be respectful to fans and clubs that may not be as lucky as yourselves.

'Stay humble' is actually a phrase Nuno uses regularly, its his mantra

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.