2nd Anniversary - Arena Bombing

I'm surprised we havent had a thread already.....however,thoughts are with the 22 victims,their families,the emergency services and anyone else affected by the atrocity that took place two years ago this evening.

Tonight,at the exact moment of the blast - 22:31 - bells will again peal across the city centre.

I am even more surprised no one has responded to this one. A truly sad day for this city. Never forget all those that died. A total waste. Well done fantasy on starting a thread.

I'm surprised we havent had a thread already.....however,thoughts are with the 22 victims,their families,the emergency services and anyone else affected by the atrocity that took place two years ago this evening.

Tonight,at the exact moment of the blast - 22:31 - bells will again peal across the city centre.

Yes indeed pal?? Very sad date in our city’s history. Well done for bringing it to everybody’s attention

Same date as a relative's birthday, so its impossible for me to forget it. I wouldn't put the previous lack of a thread down to forgetfulness, I remembered but its one of those things where I still don't really know what to say about it all. Horrible.

I was in Rhodes on holiday at the time, didn't know anyone who was killed or injured but felt a deep loss, perhaps as I could only see the aftermath on TV rather than going to the square to pay respect.

My thoughts are with all of those whose loved ones were affected by this, maimed, killed or working amidst the carnage. A tragic day. RIP.

My accountants brother and sister in law went to the arena to pick their daughter up. The cops later took them back to where they were stood and the cop said he could not believed they had lived and in the main, not badly injured as they were stood so close to the bomber. He is now virtually deaf from the noise of the explosion but otherwise uninjured, his wife got a bolt lodged in her stomach and various other bits of shrapnel. Months later she went through the metal detectors at the airport and it went off, they found that she still had some metal inside her that the hospital had missed.

Whilst very sad for those that lost loved ones it was great to see how everyone came together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.