Would you prefer Spurs or Liverpool win the CL ?

I never thought the day would come when I would want Spurs to win the ECL Final. But I do, oh, how I do! Preferably with a 94th minute Aguerooooo - style winner.

With a Van Dyke Own Goal as well with a chipped back pass back to Alisson which he misreads and it slips under his foot and the ball rolls agonisingly slow and crosses the line by 1 millimeter as James Milner dashes back but just fails to try and stop the ball crossing the line.

With a Van Dyke Own Goal as well with a chipped back pass back to Alisson which he misreads and it slips under his foot and the ball rolls agonisingly slow and crosses the line by 1 millimeter as James Milner dashes back but just fails to try and stop the ball crossing the line.
And amidst the tears and heartache klipperty's dental implants self destruct

Umm.......no!

Spurs didn't get lucky. Better team in the first leg other than the first 15 minutes and for a 10 minute period as the team adjusted to Kane going off. Pep made some bad calls in his team selection. Aguero wasn't clinical enough with the penalty. Lloris made a good save. Nothing to do with luck.

Second leg, City were clearly the better team but Spurs showed great fight and spirit to hang in there and to score three goals. Games of football aren't won by possession stats or even by chances created. VAR calls were both correct, even if the ref didn't see all the angles. Again, nothing to do with luck.

Listen, no one thinks that Spurs are anything like as good a team as City currently and, banter aside, no Spurs fan will claim that we are the best team in Europe even if we do win the CL. But Cup competitions allow for lesser teams to win. It has always been thus.
Wimbledon Wigan and Porto would agree with that

If carlesberg did own goals.

ESPN headline - If goal lines were 1mm thicker, Liverpool would have won the Champions League.

Listen, no one thinks that Spurs are anything like as good a team as City currently and, banter aside, no Spurs fan will claim that we are the best team in Europe even if we do win the CL. But Cup competitions allow for lesser teams to win. It has always been thus.

I agree with that bit, but you still got lucky imho. If Aguero scored that penalty that tie was over, then Son scores and you didn't believe your luck when you found yourself beating us 1-0. It helped that Pep didn't play Sane and KDB till the 88 minute.
Then at the Etihad somehow Laporte decided to give Son the ball so he could score and a few more mistakes on that day. Then Var referee somehow missed Llorente's handball and a few more incidents went your way. Thats a major amount of luck going your way.
Just as you said it, cup competitions allow for lesser teams to win. by talent, believe, referees decisions, Var and a huge amount of luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.