Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker does Pep's head in with his decision making and mistakes - I can see Walker see less game time. Danilo on the hand just doesnt seem to be rated by Pep -- I like him personally.

If Cancelo comes in, then it looks like Danilo is out. Having 3 class RBs would be crazy (and expensive)

We do desperately need a very technical, attack minded right back.

Walker is brilliant defensively and we need his pace and strength BUT our weakness in possession is Walker, he’s the only one who looks out of his depth. That’s not an insult, it’s more a compliment to the rest of our squad that they’re that much better. Walker would be superb at any other club but our style exposes his weaknesses.

It's hard to see on the surface how this all fits in, but Pep would have a plan that has balance in attack and in defence. Although we haven't used 3 at the back much I don't think Pep is adverse to using it. We used it in preseason and early in the season against Huddersfield. With teams sitting more and more in a low block perhaps he'll try to play 2 strikers in the box.

----------------Sterling----Aguero-------------
Mendy/Zinch-----Silva/Silva-----KDB-----Cancelo
----------------Gundo/Fern---------------
Laporte----------Maguire---------Stones/Walker
--------------------Ederson-------------

I'm not a big fan of the Maguire links, but perhaps if he played in the middle he wouldn't be exposed as much. Walker could also be used on the right of a back 3 and Cancelo can support the attack.

Why on earth would we spend that much on a back up fullback? Even if he were signed, that would make Walker an incredibly expensive back up fullback.

This is whole heaps of bullshit. If Danilo goes, there are cheaper alternatives.

He quite often plays LB for juve
Hardly mate, according to transfermarkt, he's only played LB once for Juve!

His appearances at LB over last 5 seasons:
18/19 Juve - one 90 minute game,
17/18 Inter Milan - one 90 minute game, sub for 16 minutes,
16/17 - nil,
15/16 Valencia - two 90 minute games, one 45 minute appearance,
14/15 - nil.

He's only had one win when he's played at LB.

He seems to have not stayed very long at his various clubs:
2014–2015 Benfica 1 (0)
2014–2015Valencia (loan) 10 (0)
2015–2018 Valencia 64 (2)
2017–2018Inter Milan (loan) 26 (1)
2018– Juventus 25 (1)

Max. 74 games at Valencia before being loaned to Inter Milan.
Does anyone know why he's moved so much?

Last edited:
He seems to have not stayed very long at his various clubs:
2014–2015 Benfica 1 (0)
2014–2015Valencia (loan) 10 (0)
2015–2018 Valencia 64 (2)
2017–2018Inter Milan (loan) 26 (1)
2018– Juventus 25 (1)

Max. 74 games at Valencia before being loaned to Inter Milan.
Does anyone know why he's moved so much?

Good question.

There seems to be a fair few fans from other teams who have been in for him in the past whom say he is over rated & his strengths are as an attacker and weaknesses are his actual defending, which doesn't fill me with confidence especially at that quoted transfer fee.

The main knock on him seems to be his consistency playing at a high level.

Plus, doing business with Juve will be an absolute nightmare, most likely similar to our dealings with Napoli in the past.

I honestly don’t believe this is even a goer, but it’s dawned on me that Guardiola advised Southgate to use Walker as a CB for England. If Guardiola still thinks Walker can do a job there then bringing in a top RB may make a bit more sense.

I honestly don’t believe this is even a goer, but it’s dawned on me that Guardiola advised Southgate to use Walker as a CB for England. If Guardiola still thinks Walker can do a job there then bringing in a top RB may make a bit more sense.

I was talking to a blue before saying I wonder if pep would go with walker as a cb and spend on Cancelo? I like walker but feel Cancelo would be an upgrade on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.