Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how would have Liverpool fans have reacted if Klopp and the Liverpool team would have won the PL title, the FA Cup, the League Cup, the Charity Shield, the double, the treble, and the quadruple?

Do you think they would have belittled that achievement like they are doing with City’s achievement. ;-)

Or do you think they would still be going on about it, tell everyone and anyone who cared to listen to them, what an historic achievement it was, and which would be added to their #istory.(of winning trophies)

Oh, just a never-ending procession of documentaries, special limited-edition DVDs, multipage pull-outs in the daily papers, knighthoods, CBEs and a new public holiday announced so everyone could join in their rapturous celebrations.

Must hurt them like hell to see those 4 lovely jubbly shiny trophies with our glorious colours on them. Diddums.

So, how would have Liverpool fans have reacted if Klopp and the Liverpool team would have won the PL title, the FA Cup, the League Cup, the Charity Shield, the double, the treble, and the quadruple?

Do you think they would have belittled that achievement like they are doing with City’s achievement. ;-)

Or do you think they would still be going on about it, tell everyone and anyone who cared to listen to them, what an historic achievement it was, and which would be added to their #istory.(of winning trophies)

Well, according to Stan Collymore, city are set up to do it so it means almost nothing.

As a footballing entity, Manchester City are magical. They get the ball down, pass it through the lines and create fantastic angles. They play with a brilliance and an intensity that is an absolute joy to behold.

Pep Guardiola’s attention to detail is incredible as well and the fact he is on at his players in a bid to get the best out of them day in, day out, really is wonderful.

I’d go as far as to say it’s almost football perfection.

But, even so, I’m not afraid to offer the caveat that their achievement in becoming the first English team to win a domestic Treble still leaves me cold. Because, frankly, everything is set up for them to do it.

They have such deep pockets and so many resources that the difficulty level for them to win all three competitions has only really been a 5/10.

It certainly doesn’t compare with Nottingham Forest winning back-to-back European Cups in the Seventies, or what Leeds did in the old Division One in the same era. And it doesn’t compare with Leicester winning the Premier League in 2015-16 or Wigan lifting the FA Cup six years ago, if you’re looking for a heartwarming story.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-joy-watch-but-16173730

Forest won back to back European cups, having just signed Trevor Francis, the leagues first £1million player, with Shilton in goal - probably the most expensive keeper in the league at the time. But, according to Stan, is a bigger achievement than winning two Premiership titles back to back while at the same time retaining the League cup and going on to win the FA cup, with the Charity Shield in the bag - without us having the most expensive players in the league.

Despite Cloughie himself saying he'd much prefer to win the league, because it was a tougher battle and a more reflective competition on how good a team is.

But, yeah, if Liverpool had won even half of what City won this season - regardless of them spending £200 million on players - the media lovies would have made them heroes.

i don't know, but all this 'City were set up to do it' / 'City bought the league' bullshit just takes away from what we're actually witnessing at the Etihad - a team that have been sculpted together by probably the best manager this century to become the best team in the world.

No matter what these bitter idiots and sycophantic pundits say, City are still the team to catch, City are still the one's holding the lions share of trophies - not only in the men's team, but in the ladies team too.

The bitterness and the insults, the ignorance of forgetting just how good the City team is, how good a unit it is from Edderson to Sergio, in every position... And not just in the first team 11, but right across the squad - the ignorance of that seems to be blinding everyone.

My mate who is a Spurs fan said that he thought City were the only team who could beat Barcalona - and even he said VAR is shit after the 2nd leg at the Etihad. i sincerely hope that Spurs can take the game to Liverpool like they came at us.

i think that Poch and his boys, as well as the Spurs fans, deserve it more, especially in the face of how the dippers and the media have reacted to City's triumphant season. Hopefully Son and Kane can take the game to them, and force Liverpool to continue their poor away record in the CL.

i just hope that the Madrid police are ready for the worse fans in football history to kick off after the match, or maybe even before - whether they win or lose.

Last edited:
Well, according to Stan Collymore, city are set up to do it so it means almost nothing.

Forest won back to back European cups, having just signed Trevor Francis, the leagues first £1,000,000,000 player, with Shilton in goal - probably the most expensive keeper in the league at the time. But, according to Stan, is a bigger achievement than winning two Premiership titles back to back while at the same time retaining the League cup and going on to win the FA cup, with the Charity Shield in the bag.

Despite Cloughie himself saying he'd much prefer to win the league, because it was a tougher battle and a more reflective competition on how good a team is.

But, yeah, if Liverpool had won even half of what City won this season - despite having spent £200 million on players - the media lovies would have made them heroes.

i don't know, but all this 'City were set up to do it' / 'City bought the league' bullshit just takes away from what we're actually witnessing at the Etihad - a team that have been sculpted together by probably the best manager this century to become the best team in the world.

No matter what these bitter idiots and sycophantic pundits say, City are still the team to catch, City are still the one's holding the lions share of trophies - not only in the men's team, but in the ladies team too.

The bitterness and the insults, the ignorance of forgetting just how good the City team is, how good a unit it is from Edderson to Sergio, in every possition... And not just in the first team 11, but right across the squad - the ignorance of that seems to be blinding everyone.

My mate who is a Spurs fan said that City were the only team who could beat Barcalona - and even he said VAR is shit after the 2nd leg at the Etihad. i sincerely hope that Spurs can take the game to Liverpool like they came at us.

i think that Poch and his boys, as well as the Spurs fans, deserve it more, especially in the face of how the dippers and the media have reacted to City's triumphant season. Hopefully Son and Kane can take the game to them, and force Liverpool to continue their poor away record in the CL.

i just hope that the Madrid police are ready for the worse fans in football history to kick off after the match, or maybe even before.
The first £1 BILLION player, eh? How dare Collywobble criticise us for our spending?

Hi guys - just to introduce myself, I'm the bloke who penned that anti Liverpool rant (which it was, but all accurate!) on the Grand Old Team forum which got shared onto here the other day

People said such nice things about it, and agreed so vehemently about what a gang of toploaded cocktrumpets they truly are, that I had to register and come on in!

Love you guys... I was off my seat punching the air when that Kompany thunderbold went in (or, as RAWK would have it, 'lucky speculative shot) :)
Fantastic post mate, very well done.
And welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.