Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article on the BBC this morning about the decision not to expand the Qatar World Cup to 48 teams. I got so far through the piece and came across this paragraph

“But given the condemnation that followed the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the country's consulate in Istanbul last year, along with its role in Yemen's bloody civil war, such a step would have sparked a major backlash from human rights campaigners, as it would have done if the UAE had been awarded games.”

No condemnation of Qatari human rights in the article, the twat had to get the last sentence in

Guess who?
Wasn't it the Saudi embassy 'yer man went missing? Not the Qatari one?

The journo's have sold their souls,the vast majority have no credibility left,it must be soul destroying to have to write negative just for clicks rubbish
They have shown themselves worthy of a slap

A lot of them probably support one of our rivals who's noses have been put out of joint by our success, so I doubt it bothers them writing negative crap about us.

I fear a slap is coming, one of our fan's got into the press box at Wembley and gave them a verbal one.

I'm confused, if the journo's and ourselves are circling the wagons then who exactly is in the middle?
These 'Journo's ' are the same as us forum readers.

They, like us, have a view and post it.

Most of their opinions, barring the odd one talking sense (eg Samuel), make one wonder who is actually proof reading what they write.

Some of the bollox written must come from someone totally pissed.
I've given up on reading most articles, as although there may be a modicum of truth, the way they fluff an article up with non-truths, summations and hope, you just know it's shoite.

I am trusting we will be vindicated by the start of next year in relation to the revisit of our FFP punishment, in that, no further punishment.

A lot of them probably support one of our rivals who's noses have been put out of joint by our success, so I doubt it bothers them writing negative crap about us.

I fear a slap is coming, one of our fan's got into the press box at Wembley and gave them a verbal one.
Some pissed up blue will get at one of them at some point,cue the throw us out of every competition cries..oh wait they are doing that already

Some pissed up blue will get at one of them at some point,cue the throw us out of every competition cries..oh wait they are doing that already

One will cop it, in or out of the ground, they have overstepped the mark and it has become personal.

See the BBC have now got an article up about Utd's 1999 Treble season. Just cannot help themselves can they. Simon Stone no surprise. Probably written more about something that happened almost 20 years ago than something that did happen recently about the most recent treble winners. Guess he has to somehow try and keep them relevant.
Mind you at least in 20 years we can also have a friendly to celebrate what we won 20 years ago :)-

On NBC Sports in the States the programme immediately following the Brighton game was a documentary about ‘that night in Barcelona’. They’ve been showing it fairly regularly since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.