Running thread

Been getting knee pain under my patella. Feels like it's going to give way especially going downhill. Did a Google search and it could be 'Runner' s Knee'. Seems like it's ligament damage and the only cure is rest. Bit pissed off about that as was going to go for light runs every day on my holiday. Anyone experienced Runner's Knee and can offer advice etc? Cheers.
Yeah, you could have a break from running and concentrate on strength training and low-impact aerobic exercise such as swimming and/or cycling.

Didn't know this thread existed!

Started running this January, as I drunkenly signed up to the Baildon Boundaries half marathon, with my brother in law. Finished that race in just over 2 hours which I was really proud of (it's VERY hilly).

Was really happy with the results in terms of fitness and trimming my waistline. Looking to run a marathon later this year, just trying to convince family members to train for it with me. :)

Didn't know this thread existed!

Started running this January, as I drunkenly signed up to the Baildon Boundaries half marathon, with my brother in law. Finished that race in just over 2 hours which I was really proud of (it's VERY hilly).

Was really happy with the results in terms of fitness and trimming my waistline. Looking to run a marathon later this year, just trying to convince family members to train for it with me. :)

Good luck with that mate, find a group near you and go with them, they'll be one around and have runners who are training for similar events. Best thing i ever did.

Good luck with that mate, find a group near you and go with them, they'll be one around and have runners who are training for similar events. Best thing i ever did.
I've got Sale Harriers near me. Might go down and see what the score is.

Agree about how good running is. It's free, get's you out the house, EVERYONE can participate at various levels and most importantly, it's incredible how quickly you can get fit/in-shape. When I play football now I'm miles better than I was, just cause I'm fitter. :P

Will do a 3rd 5k tomorrow and then will start to increase distance by 0.5k for 3 runs a week over the next 8 weeks which should see me doing 10k's hopefully.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.