European City Breaks

Just purchased this morning, for travel in March, 2x one way flights Tallinn to London for me and her indoors, for a rather silly £27 total.
I wanna twin it with Riga but need to see what she fancies before confirming more elements.
In my head the itinerary is sorted but, rather selfishly, she will want a say in it all.

Me and the missus are going to Berlin for the first time for 10 days next month for my 40th, with a day trip to Potsdam on my birthday.

We love Nuremberg too and have been there twice, once for xmas too. It's just a bit annoying that Ryanair have cancelled the route from Manchester now, so we've cancelled our planned trip there for xmas this year which included 3 days in Bamberg, and are now going to Karlovy Vary in Czech Republic for xmas instead.

We visited Turin for 4 days at the end of March after it being recommended by the chap I sit next to in SS3, and it didn't disappoint.

Next year consists of Bilbao in spring, Thessaloniki in summer, Hamburg in autumn and Copenhagen for xmas.

Love trips into mainland Europe with the missus. We have a really good time with each other exploring, eating delicious food and drinking gorgeous beers and wine.

Me and the missus are going to Berlin for the first time for 10 days next month for my 40th, with a day trip to Potsdam on my birthday.

We love Nuremberg too and have been there twice, once for xmas too. It's just a bit annoying that Ryanair have cancelled the route from Manchester now, so we've cancelled our planned trip there for xmas this year which included 3 days in Bamberg, and are now going to Karlovy Vary in Czech Republic for xmas instead.

We visited Turin for 4 days at the end of March after it being recommended by the chap I sit next to in SS3, and it didn't disappoint.

Next year consists of Bilbao in spring, Thessaloniki in summer, Hamburg in autumn and Copenhagen for xmas.

Love trips into mainland Europe with the missus. We have a really good time with each other exploring, eating delicious food and drinking gorgeous beers and wine.

I didn't realise Ryanair had cancelled the Manchester - Nuremberg route, which is a shame. I only paid £40 for 2 returns over a weekend back in November 2017.
I see that Jet2 are doing a one off Leeds - Nuremberg weekend return for the festive season, out 13th Dec back 15th Dec; well worth considering if people are looking for a Christmas market break away from the obvious choices.

Just purchased this morning, for travel in March, 2x one way flights Tallinn to London for me and her indoors, for a rather silly £27 total.
I wanna twin it with Riga but need to see what she fancies before confirming more elements.
In my head the itinerary is sorted but, rather selfishly, she will want a say in it all.

There is a boat you can get overnight to Helsinki and Stockholm almost a mini cruise between the 3 countries I believe it is viking lines it was mega cheap when we did it with cabin etc. Nothing fancy but a great way to see all 3. Riga is nice but Tallinn is much better I'd reccomend Tallinn but not Riga as much.

There is a boat you can get overnight to Helsinki and Stockholm almost a mini cruise between the 3 countries I believe it is viking lines it was mega cheap when we did it with cabin etc. Nothing fancy but a great way to see all 3. Riga is nice but Tallinn is much better I'd reccomend Tallinn but not Riga as much.

Cheers for this.

I've been to Stockholm previously, and was generally trying to do it on the cheap so I'm probably gonna swerve Scandinavia for now. I did consider Riga - Tallinn - Helsinki as a potential trip but buying the flights home from Tallinn kinda negates that possibility now. Plus accommodation in Helsinki isn't particularly wallet friendly!

I've heard/read other people say similar things; that both Tallinn and Riga are nice but Tallinn is comfortably the better of the 2.
I do have a (probably strange) desire to visit every European country before I'm 40 (32 yrs old now) so it would be good to box off Latvia and Estonia in one trip. Might even look at throwing in Vilnius for Lithuania but I have a sneaky feeling her indoors has previously said she's not fussed about going there.

Belfast

Short trip, no need for foreign currency, vibrant nightlife, wide range of hotels close to the bars, though at that time of the year there probably wont be a riot to entertain you as it is too wet and cold for a decent riot.

Still plenty of things to do during the day and any amount of top quality bars to frequent and nightclubs to fall out of in the early hours.

Don't bring back any Northern Irish notes - no fucker wants them 'ere! Had to take 'em to the bank. Can't understand why Scottish notes are ok but not N Irish ones!

Cheers for this.

I've been to Stockholm previously, and was generally trying to do it on the cheap so I'm probably gonna swerve Scandinavia for now. I did consider Riga - Tallinn - Helsinki as a potential trip but buying the flights home from Tallinn kinda negates that possibility now. Plus accommodation in Helsinki isn't particularly wallet friendly!

I've heard/read other people say similar things; that both Tallinn and Riga are nice but Tallinn is comfortably the better of the 2.
I do have a (probably strange) desire to visit every European country before I'm 40 (32 yrs old now) so it would be good to box off Latvia and Estonia in one trip. Might even look at throwing in Vilnius for Lithuania but I have a sneaky feeling her indoors has previously said she's not fussed about going there.

Ye we did Poland, Latvia and Lithuania when we went that way. You aren't missing anything skipping Vilnius its pretty sparse although we didn't spend too much time as i had my passport nicked in Warsaw which was fun, set us back a day.

Has anyone been to Helsinki before? Is it expensive while you're there?

Don't bring back any Northern Irish notes - no fucker wants them 'ere! Had to take 'em to the bank. Can't understand why Scottish notes are ok but not N Irish ones!
Reminds me of the time about 3 years ago over for one of our games and was getting a taxi to somewhere can’t remember but taxi driver said that’s a fiver I handed him a northern bank £5 ( now Danske bank ) one of those plastic notes and he turned to me and said don’t take euros,I just laughed and give him 5 pound coins instead ..

Has anyone been to Helsinki before? Is it expensive while you're there?

Been a few times not through choice. It's rather boring to be honest and it felt like everything closed down around 9pm. Decent to take the boat from to Sweden and Tallinn as I mentioned above but I didn't find the city to be somewhere I would want to go back to. It isn't overly expensive though compared to Sweden etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.