UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect you can not compare Nasser and Hoeness. Hoeness is a football and club legend. His crime was not related to football or sport.

Nasser's alleged crime is related to corruption in sport. He also doesn't have the bonus of being a football personality . Factor in that PSG are perceived differently to Bayern by many people (and the media!). If he were proven guilty it would harm PSG from a PR perspective at least.
No he was 'just' a tax cheat as he thought he was above the rules as they shouldn't apply to someone of his stature-bit like the shite club he represents.

With all due respect you can not compare Nasser and Hoeness. Hoeness is a football and club legend. His crime was not related to football or sport.

Nasser's alleged crime is related to corruption in sport. He also doesn't have the bonus of being a football personality . Factor in that PSG are perceived differently to Bayern by many people (and the media!). If he were proven guilty it would harm PSG from a PR perspective at least.
Well, i agree you can not compare them since Hoeness, legend of football or not, has been found guilty while Nasser is only a suspect.
Also, we are not in the topic of PR. We are on the topic of FFP. And the crimes he is suspected to have committed have nothing to do with PSG, UEFA or FFP. I was just using Hoeness parallel to show this whole story is unrelated to the core of this thread.
Still, i have read his lawyer statement and i'm not so sure he will be so easily indicted, unless there are some hidden facts not included in it.

According to him, Nasser Al-Khelaïfi has never been involved in Doha city bid. In that particular time, he was neither shareolder nor board member of ORYX and then can never been involved in the commercial relationship between these two private companies, Oryx and Pamodzi.
He adds that the name of Nasser Al-Khelaïfi doesn't appear in any document related to this case. There is no link between those facts and the french territory, no element that can justify the competence of the french law or french jurisdiction over alleged infractions, which statues of limitation have expired.
He concludes that this case has nothing to stand on.
The impression from the parisian club is that there is nothing to worry about so far.

All this said, if not Nasser, i'm sure some Qatari was involved in the corruption because this is how it goes. I don't remember one bid that has not been linked with corruption. It is just easily accepted when non standard nations are involved (because everyone will understand why Paris or London will get to host but not Doha).

Rabins latest feed, needs forwarding to some of our more impartial journos.

Also whoever Sam Cunningham is, he's a bit rich isn't he. His trash article likens City's response to Donald Trump... He probably ripped that from the trolling teens on the official club statement feed on twitter. Even then it wasn't original because it's the single most overused lazy comeback going, usually from someone without an argument of any substance to make. Then he goes on to say City fans are becoming staunch defenders of something they know very little about, well pot meet kettle Sam.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.