Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

fun last night around midnight,around 300/400 people waiting to get through passport control,these scan machines slowing things down and not speeding things up

Had a very easy transition out of the airport yesterday to Paris en route to Boston.
Charles de Gaulle airport was a nightmare though.... a fucking hour to transfer from terminal 2 to terminal 1 via 2 buses. Impossible to walk to from one to the other. Didn't miss my flight but had no fucking time for a quick two pints before boarding.

Slightly off topic, but we've just booked a holiday and saved over £300 by flying from Leeds/Bradford instead on the same airline

Did the same a couple of years ago flying to Faro with Jet2

Can't remember exactly how much I saved but it was well worth it

Went through terminal 2 yesterday.
Had checked in online so from arriving at 5.24 to being ‘the other side’ at 5.44 it wasn’t too bad.
Even with the dickheads in security emptying the contests of my camera case all over the tray for no specific reason.

Once through the duty free every restaurant/bar was hammered with queues 20 deep and it was only 6am

Never really complained about Manchester airport before, but went through T2 this morning with the Mrs and two young kids. What. A. Fucking. Joke.

Took over an hour to get through the disabled/infant lane at security. Huge backlog of people. Kids crying, adults flipping out, etc. All the staff were mouth breathers moaning they had to start at 6am (was only about 9am at that point). Never mind I had to start at that time every working day for the last 6 months to afford my holiday. Along with everyone else in the queue who had to listen to their moaning.

Got through security and went to the lounge but it was full, even though we had a guaranteed spot due to our tickets. Tried another lounge, that was full too. Ended up spending 22 quid on stale baguettes and marvelling at the four Virgin Jumbos out the window. At least my kids enjoyed it.

Only good part was last night I was struggling with the 12 bags and two car seats the Mrs insisted on bringing, and a guy rounding up trolleys stopped me in my tracks and insisted on helping us. Oh and the room we had in the Radisson was nice, had a cracking view of the airport and runway which kept the nippers quiet for hours before bed and 2 hours while we got ready this morning!

Flew into the new T2 extension. Quite a poor experience. 15 minutes before they opened the aircraft door, then a 20 minute walk to Passport Control followed by an interminable wait for luggage. Nearly an hour and a half from the aircraft arriving at the gate to us leaving the airport. If there had been a queue at passport control it could have been 2 hours. Not really good enough. They should have finished building it before opening it.

Just returned from Vienna International, and having read that we were jetting back from gate D21 I happened to say to Mrs. Ewing, Ooh, this is rather good - every gate has its own security check, and then I realised that D21 only had ONE fuckin' operative who appeared to on a 'Must be thorough mode, supervisor might be watching, coupled with a general go slow notion' to fuck up the punters. Gates D21 to 20 umpteen were all queuing from their gate to meet in the middle of the 'hall' and then crossed each other's queue so that people just arriving didn't know where the end of one fuckin' queue was. They could have flown to Istanbul, thinking they were getting the EasyJet flight to Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.