Anti depressants..

I have been on Pregablin for a couple of years for fibro and as a mild anti depressant. I was at one point on 300mg a day, one in the morning one at night. It put loads of weight on me so i cut down to one 150 tablet each morning. The weight has come off and I think it does help with the pain a little bit. If I am honest I think smoking a bit of weed does just as good job without the side effects, but thats me. Give the pregablin a try it probably wont be a miracle cure but if it helps just a little it at least is a step in the right direction.

If I were you I would try the pregablin even if its a smallish dose once a day, Its maybe a case of finding the right dose for you, at the end of the day you can come off it if it doesnt agree with you in whatever way. Panic attacks are a very unpleasant things to deal with and the Pregablin might just help.

As for the family, well they will be genuine in their concerns but probably wont have a clue about how this all is effecting you so you need to be the one making the decisions on how to combat all this.

There will be a way out that does not involve leaving that three year old behind. Hang in, be patient and work it out, it might take some time but there will be light at the end of the tunnel. I still have the odd panic attack but rarely now and when i do I meet it head on and go toe to toe with it. Funny thing is panic attacks are like bullies or keyboard warriors they often run away when they know you are no longer scared of them and are prepared to face them down.

You can do it.

You're absolutely right when you said about confronting the problem. For silva_is I think it's easier that he KNOWS what the issue is and when you can see it, you can fight it.

Myself, I feel I have so many things to fight, I'm out of ideas.

That's where I'm defeated and that's difficult for me to accept.

Is anyone on pregabalin?

I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and with that have crippling aniexty. I rarely leave the house all week, have almost daily panic attacks amongst loads of other lovely things.

I was prescribed pregablin about a year ago but much to my families dismay I refuse to take it as ironically enough I’m too anxious due to the side effects stated on the leaflet and online.

I really don’t see a way out for me to be honest everything I used to enjoy is now seemingly impossible to actually do and if wasn’t for my 3 year old I’d be long gone by now.

Anyways don’t want to bore anyone if anyone has any experience with that particular drug be great to hear about it. Thanks

So, even though I'm going through my own shit, I want to share something with you.

About 20 years ago, I was going through a really bad spell of depression and I wasn't taking meds to help. I was rarely going out the door and I felt my life was collapsing around me.

This one particular weekend I had my son with me and he was playing with his cars on the floor. I remember smiling at him and the next thing I knew he had his little hands on my face and looked deeply into my eyes.

"Dad", he said "You're sad. Don't be sad"

I remember grabbing onto him and bursting into tears. I'd drifted off into thoughts of ways to end it all and that boy saved my life that day.

So, that very action became my shield whenever I couldn't cope and that he needed me. When my depression loomed I'd 'hulk out' as my love for him was always going to be bigger and larger than my mental problems. It would help me get a grip on the world.

Having someone to fight for is the greatest reason to stay alive.

Continue to fight, my friend, your son is at your side and he can't make it without you and you know that.

It helped me for years.

If your Libido is still functioning what are you depressed about?

Cbt (Cock and Ball Torture) may have an influence on this.

Best cure for this stuff is fresh air / exercise. Doctors want to get us all on medication for stuff.

** not saying some people do not have genuine depression I’m saying doctors go for medication as default and that’s wrong imho

Best cure for this stuff is fresh air / exercise. Doctors want to get us all on medication for stuff.

** not saying some people do not have genuine depression I’m saying doctors go for medication as default and that’s wrong imho

Totally agree with this, as someone who spent 18 months on different doses of Citalopram.

Time management and exercise are key, just fitting in that half an hour of basic exercise a day can change a lot of your mentality. Whether it's a walk, a run, a swim, a body circuit, a punchbag.

The day you admit your shortcomings and be totally honest with yourself in the mirror, is the day you start to get better and understand your condition. It's a long road of ups and downs.

Some people are going through some catastrophic things in life and long processes and periods of life that they want to get out of, whether it's a bereavement, a break up, or a job they hate but can't leave yet. Be honest with yourself, and work on yourself and it will fall into place around it.

Tough times don't last, tough people do. And that's why you are still here. My inbox is always open for anybody suffering with mental illness. The only way we can combat this is to talk about it and understand our own psyche, you can change the way you feel starting today.

I agree with the above also, however it's so debilitating to some people that the thought of leaving the house brings you to meltdown. You need a combination of meds AND exercise. It was a proper 'edge of the diving board' moment for me. Once I'd jumped I was off and running. Not easy for everyone. I now manage to get to the gym everyday and on top do at least 25k steps per day.

Stay strong people

Good to see so many blues offering an ear or giving advice. I'm one of lifes lucky guys, i don't so depression,i feel i have too much going for me. For those not so lucky i feel for you and as others have said my inbox is yours whenever.

After a car accident last year my doctor thinks I may have PTSD as I'm suffering from a lot of anxiety and other things. I've had a telephone assessment done by the NHS in January and they recommend that I have 1-1 counseling but it can be a long wait ( been 5 months now ) so my GP has prescribed me Fluoxtine to help me until I finally get to see someone. Taking meds isn't the road I wanted to go down but feel I need something to help control my anxiety. I'll see how it goes, got to go back docs in a month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.