Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
My memory has been jogged by this thread. So of I went in search of John Dillon. It seems he has become a better journalist and a better man after he was pulled up on his outrage slur on both the club and David Silva.

Can I just say, well done John and welcome back.

Wasn't it the Saudi embassy 'yer man went missing? Not the Qatari one?
With the previous paragraph:

Infantino has previously collaborated with Saudi Arabia when proposing a revamped Club World Cup, and many suspected this was linked to his suggestion that the country could be part of the solution for an expanded 2022 tournament.

But given the condemnation that followed the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the country's consulate in Istanbul last year, along with its role in Yemen's bloody civil war, such a step would have sparked a major backlash from human rights campaigners, as it would have done if the UAE had been awarded games.

With the previous paragraph:

Infantino has previously collaborated with Saudi Arabia when proposing a revamped Club World Cup, and many suspected this was linked to his suggestion that the country could be part of the solution for an expanded 2022 tournament.

But given the condemnation that followed the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the country's consulate in Istanbul last year, along with its role in Yemen's bloody civil war, such a step would have sparked a major backlash from human rights campaigners, as it would have done if the UAE had been awarded games.
Football and politics should not mix with one another.

My memory has been jogged by this thread. So of I went in search of John Dillon. It seems he has become a better journalist and a better man after he was pulled up on his outrage slur on both the club and David Silva.

Can I just say, well done John and welcome back.

Wasn't that Andrew Dillon (about Silva)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.