Lidl Supermarket

meeesh

Ok,so here is the script.

There is a new Lidl just opened near us,and as you do went for a bit of a nosey last night,bought a few bits and bats,but my question is this to you guys

Is there anything in there that you can say from experience that tastes as good as the real stuff but is a fraction of the price ?

The packaging on a lot of the stuff looks identical to the named brands,but obviously don't want to spend money on stuff that tastes like shit and end up binning it.

We are no way snobbish in our food tastes,we shop majority of time in Asda,but thought this new place could work out more cheaper.

Last night for example I only bought a few "branded goods",but am intrigued to see if there are any bargains to be had.

Any experiences feel free to share,cheers

Ok,so here is the script.

There is a new Lidl just opened near us,and as you do went for a bit of a nosey last night,bought a few bits and bats,but my question is this to you guys

Is there anything in there that you can say from experience that tastes as good as the real stuff but is a fraction of the price ?

The packaging on a lot of the stuff looks identical to the named brands,but obviously don't want to spend money on stuff that tastes like shit and end up binning it.

We are no way snobbish in our food tastes,we shop majority of time in Asda,but thought this new place could work out more cheaper.

Last night for example I only bought a few "branded goods",but am intrigued to see if there are any bargains to be had.

Any experiences feel free to share,cheers
If there is a big queue stay away from fruit and veg as will be off before you leave the store ( Northwich branch) other than that stuff is ok.

Definitely bargains to be had, in Switzerland they do taste tests across a range of products and Lidl & Aldi often have several items that are chosen ahead of the main national grocers

If there is a big queue stay away from fruit and veg as will be off before you leave the store ( Northwich branch) other than that stuff is ok.
I never buy fruit & veg anymore from either Lidl or Aldi. To get home and find the lettuce is brown in the middle. Probably the reason both stores don't have best before dates on their fruit & veg.

I use Lidl all the time and can recommend

1. Jars of Curry
2. The veg & fruit
3. Foreign cheeses
4. Italian stuff (olives , focaccia, pasta etc)
5. Tinned tuna & anchovies
6. Bread (which they bake on site usually twice a day)

In fact mostly anything all at a fraction of the usual price. The only thing I've been disappointed in was the baked beans

I wouldn't recommend Lidl or Aldi tomato or brown sauce. Apart from that they do some decent stuff and the small in-store bakery is decent in Lidl. I used to be a food brand snob years ago and tbf, Aldi and Lidl sold some really rubbish brands when they first opened but that was then. They have both got their act together and a lot better quality nowadays. I shop at both and I think Aldi is trying to cater for the British taste more than Lidl is. Lidl has a larger European range of food than Aldi and is much more widespread across Europe which surprised me.

I use Lidl all the time and can recommend

1. Jars of Curry
2. The veg & fruit
3. Foreign cheeses
4. Italian stuff (olives , focaccia, pasta etc)
5. Tinned tuna & anchovies
6. Bread (which they bake on site usually twice a day)

In fact mostly anything all at a fraction of the usual price. The only thing I've been disappointed in was the baked beans

That's interesting,now just a quick one regarding tuna,we eat a bit of that at ours,and it's usually John Wests (pretty expensive at times) as others can taste like bloody gudgeon,is the other stuff not branded as good then ?

Do the majority of our food shop at Lidl.

Big tip, buy the cooking bacon if you do not mind some bits rather than always full rashers, a fraction of the cost & when you wash up use their own silver bottled 'Fairey'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.