Matthijs de Ligt

What I find odd in most transfers these days is that the player's wishes are hardly ever taken in account. Player says I want Barca, club happy with fee but because the agent is a greedy fucker the player could end up at a club he doesn't want but agent has more money. Look at Sanchez, did he really want the rags?
I see your point but Sanchez longed to play for united since he was a baby.

No way we go anywhere near this. Greedy agent and player looks like he’s after big pay day as well. Much prefer a player that is more interested in the footballing side. If he was interested n the football side of things more he would be at Barca now.

What I find odd in most transfers these days is that the player's wishes are hardly ever taken in account. Player says I want Barca, club happy with fee but because the agent is a greedy fucker the player could end up at a club he doesn't want but agent has more money. Look at Sanchez, did he really want the rags?

It's odd but it depends on the player in the end anyway - choose payday or choose project, which doesn't necessarily preclude you from getting great wages ultimately anyway. Truth is there are plenty of examples for any player to look at it with caution when considering these options, Alexis is not the first nor the last - depends on the player's ambitions

FWIW, I don't get the impression De Ligt is cut from a similar cloth to opt for pay over project even if he enlisted the services of a shark like Raiola - players who have been his clients love him because he gets them the best contracts and pizza boy wants to keep delivering that else risk being made irrelevant. Could also play into that a player De Ligt is also fully aware that a central defender rarely gets the highest wages and even less likely at 19/20 which of course begs the question of why enlist Raiola anyway

As it stands, if rumours are to believed then there are clearly clubs willing to meet those wage demands of Raiola - then it's a question of whether it's meant simply as leverage for his preferred destination or legitimately the player will accept pay over project. I believe it is the former but I am only speculating

Important to remember, we are only in May although Koeman has called up the NT for 5 day training camp starting today ahead of the League of Nations in Portugual for the Semifinals on June 6. It was previously rumoured the player wanted his situation resolved prior to start of camp to avoid distractions - so if nothing is closed today then I don't envision much further progress in talks before June 6 or 9 (Finals)

Sam Lee: "After Vincent Kompany's shock departure, City are in the market for a new centre-back. They had been talking to Ajax's Matthijs De Ligt around this time last year, with a view to a move this summer, but Goal understands the Blues have decided not to rival Barcelona, and other clubs, for his signature after all. Part of the reasoning is that they do not want to deal with his agent, Mino Raiola."

It's odd but it depends on the player in the end anyway - choose payday or choose project, which doesn't necessarily preclude you from getting great wages ultimately anyway. Truth is there are plenty of examples for any player to look at it with caution when considering these options, Alexis is not the first nor the last - depends on the player's ambitions

FWIW, I don't get the impression De Ligt is cut from a similar cloth to opt for pay over project even if he enlisted the services of a shark like Raiola - players who have been his clients love him because he gets them the best contracts and pizza boy wants to keep delivering that else risk being made irrelevant. Could also play into that a player De Ligt is also fully aware that a central defender rarely gets the highest wages and even less likely at 19/20 which of course begs the question of why enlist Raiola anyway

As it stands, if rumours are to believed then there are clearly clubs willing to meet those wage demands of Raiola - then it's a question of whether it's meant simply as leverage for his preferred destination or legitimately the player will accept pay over project. I believe it is the former but I am only speculating

Important to remember, we are only in May although Koeman has called up the NT for 5 day training camp starting today ahead of the League of Nations in Portugual for the Semifinals on June 6. It was previously rumoured the player wanted his situation resolved prior to start of camp to avoid distractions - so if nothing is closed today then I don't envision much further progress in talks before June 6 or 9 (Finals)

Its his agent that bothers me, if he came to City he'd have his next move lined up as soon as the ink was dry.

Sam Lee: "After Vincent Kompany's shock departure, City are in the market for a new centre-back. They had been talking to Ajax's Matthijs De Ligt around this time last year, with a view to a move this summer, but Goal understands the Blues have decided not to rival Barcelona, and other clubs, for his signature after all. Part of the reasoning is that they do not want to deal with his agent, Mino Raiola."

Yep, a fucking big fat snake.

Its his agent that bothers me, if he came to City he'd have his next move lined up as soon as the ink was dry.

Maybe. No question that he has gained a reputation for getting what he, and in turn his clients, want. Currently his biggest clients are Pogba & Verratti. Verratti will never leave PSG unless the Qataris want to move him, making Raiola irrelevant. Pogba will be an ongoing issue wherever he goes, irrespective of Raiola IMO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.