Lidl Supermarket

I wouldn't recommend Lidl or Aldi tomato or brown sauce. Apart from that they do some decent stuff and the small in-store bakery is decent in Lidl. I used to be a food brand snob years ago and tbf, Aldi and Lidl sold some really rubbish brands when they first opened but that was then. They have both got their act together and a lot better quality nowadays. I shop at both and I think Aldi is trying to cater for the British taste more than Lidl is. Lidl has a larger European range of food than Aldi and is much more widespread across Europe which surprised me.

I spent years when the kids were growing up decanting Lidl tomato sauce into a Heinz ketchup bottle because they insisted Heinz was better. They never cottoned on and it must have saved me a fortune over the years the amount they went through!

We use both Aldi and Lidl for main shops, topped up by some branded stuff at Tesco. Much prefer the meat and veg there. Far better quality and loads cheaper.

There's a Lidl just opened near my work two days ago in Clayton Green, so I'll be using it more.

We use both Aldi and Lidl for main shops, topped up by some branded stuff at Tesco. Much prefer the meat and veg there. Far better quality and loads cheaper.

There's a Lidl just opened near my work two days ago in Clayton Green, so I'll be using it more.

That's the one I'm talking about

Booze is great, good quality and selections and extremely reasonably priced.

The bakery in Lidl is really good, milk, bread etc are all generally good. I'd say most day to day stuff is decent quality. We do get all fruit and veg from Aldi as i find there much better quality and variety there than lidl. Random buys are always there to be had, they have some very suprising stuff in there at times and actually some cracking bargains.

Lidl i find has better quality items than your typical tescos/sainsburys/asda.

The dutch cheese slices, banana/strawberry yoghurt drinks, croissants, brie, fresh rolls, vegetables, nuts, and even the breakfast cereals. Dont be put off with the packaging. The rice pops and choc shells pisses over Kellogs branded item anyday. And plus I prefer foreign imported foods in comparison to locally grown food (vegetables in particular).

Only go to tescos/sainsburys for their organic range (milk, butter, eggs).

Lidl and Aldi both offer excellent options, I prefer Lidl for the fruit and Veg but that’s about it, an example of an easy save is Chicken, buy a whole free range chicken from the old guard and you are into £7.50 upwards to £9.00, in Lidl Aldi it would cost around £6.00 max.

Aldi tend to do better new world vino while Aldi tend to have some belting French stuff, and the Isle bins are always worth a blimp as there is some great stuff to be had.

So my initial thoughts after looking at the responses are booze is cheap and ok,although can't say I've ever had a can of Woodgate Cider,beans avoid,tuna is ok,bakery products spot on,fruit and veg hit and miss.

Cooked meats and air compressers that they had in last night are ok lol

I'm back to Asda me thinks,nothing jumping out at me saying,get that get this etc

Their own brand beer Perlacher (both lager and weissbeir) is brewed to the reinheitsgabot. Top notch stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.