UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so.

Milan were relegated for match fixing in the 80s. OM were stripped of the Champions League and Juve were relegated in shame. Yet all these clubs are respected across Europe.

Blackburn in the 90s, Chelsea in the noughties and Rangers in Scotland were tarred as cheats. It's all forgotten now just as it will be in the case of Man City.

When you win the title in impressive fashion people sling mud to devalue it.

Blackburn/Chelski - bought it. Belong in the 2nd division

Arsenal - Pires dived for a penalty. Should have been relegated in 2013

Man Utd - boycotted the FA Cup. Mike Riley

Leeds- dirty

Liverpool - only won all those leagues and European Cups because of the back pass rule.

Now it's City and the stick is FFP/Human Rights

In 10 years it will be another club whose achievements are worthless because of whatever reason. All part of the game.

There's one difference and that's the rise of social media which is by and large a cesspool for people to air their vitriolic views, so it feels more magnified

That said, when I travel up and down the country watching City and talk to proper match-going fans, I tend to find that hardly anyone cares for this kind of thing and they're generally accepting of City's current status

I don't think so.

Milan were relegated for match fixing in the 80s. OM were stripped of the Champions League and Juve were relegated in shame. Yet all these clubs are respected across Europe.

Blackburn in the 90s, Chelsea in the noughties and Rangers in Scotland were tarred as cheats. It's all forgotten now just as it will be in the case of Man City.

Leeds- dirty

Liverpool - only won all those leagues and European Cups because of the back pass rule.

In 10 years it will be another club whose achievements are worthless because of whatever reason. All part of the game.

Fair points, you may well be right and I hope you are.

Can't help thinking this is bigger than football though and those with a vested interest in discrediting City will not let it drop. That sounds a bit tinfoil hat, I know, but it's how it feels to me.

Marvin the point about taking them to court will not about FFP. but about using stolen data. It is impossible to go after someone with stolen data and try and get a verdict for yourself, as it would not be admissible in a court of law. We would be going after them for theft and not FFP. They would have to prove that the information they have before reviving the stolen e-mails, would still lead to a conviction, which I highly doubt hey would be able to prove.

So that would lead then to UEFA being fined, plus that then could lead them to being sued for damages which could run into the £millions. This then could lead difficult situation, where they can only go after clubs with the information they get be legal means. For us CAS would be the first step, of getting the ban overturned. If this should fail then we would have no then choice but to take them to court and sue them for theft, and by this way UEFAS would have no choice but to over turn the ban, as they would have broken the law, and you can't use information gained illegally to try and win your case.

Last edited:
Marvin the point about taking them to court will not about FFP. but about using stolen data. It is impossible to go after someone with stolen data and try and get a verdict for yourself, as it would not be admissible in a court of law. We would be going after them for theft and not FFP. They would have to prove that the information they have before reviving the stolen e-mails, would still lead to a conviction, which I highly doubt hey would be able to prove.

So that would lead then to UEFA being fined, plus that then could lead them to being sued for damages which could run into the £millions. This then could lead difficult situation, where they can only go after clubs with the information they get be legal means. For us CAS would be the first step, of getting the ban overturned. If this should fail then we would have no then choice but to take them to court and sue them for theft, and by this way UEFAS would have no choice but to over turn the ban, as they would have broken the law, and you can't use information gained illegally to try and win your case.

He (John) may already be in prison by then.

A secure server and encrypted emails would have prevented all of this...

*sighs
Not necessarily. There's various ways of extracting/copying information even if it is as simple as taking a photo of a computer screen, no technical security solution is preventing that. A malicious or careless individual is almost impossible to cater for.

Will drag on for months, firstly UEFA'S lawyers will be asked to look at the report from the investigation committee. UEFA will not try to impose a ban on us if it wont get through a CAS appeal they've already had their fingers burned with PSG. Secondly.they are well.aware of City's financial clout if things go through the courts and if they were to lose it would seriously affect their finances when City sue them. In my opinion if the UEFA dont feel they can make any sactions stick they will go down the lines of delaying and delaying any verdict, one thing is certain both parties will be exchanging very interesting dialect with City already making clear they will throw their considerable financial resources souly at UEFA !

I don't think so.

Leeds- dirty

Blackburn were never banded cheats. If anything they were glorified as Jack Walker was a local man investing in his club.

Not necessarily. There's various ways of extracting/copying information even if it is as simple as taking a photo of a computer screen, no technical security solution is preventing that. A malicious or careless individual is almost impossible to cater for.

Except it appears the whole lot has been dumped. It’s clearly not a case of screen shots as there are thousands of club emails leaked. I’d say it’s a case of the entire contents of the server being obtained and quite frankly that is a result of unbelievable complacency in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.