Will the loss of Kompany affect City?

From what we hear from not only the players but the media,Vinny was wonderful in bringing all the team together as a unit.Very similar to Pep, that when he spoke people listened intensely and took on board his comments.
Of course he will be missed not just on the pitch but moreso off when his half time team talks were inspiring.
I have no doubt that at some time Vincent will be back at City as a successful Manager/Coach.

Definitely. I don't know how anyone could say he struggled against Salah, he had him in his back pocket at Eastlands this season. The only player he struggled with was Hazard (and his passing was poor in the first half against United) but that was his first game back from injury as a substitute against one of the best players in the league. People don't realise how difficult it is to get up to match sharpness after a spell out injured, which is why so many constantly write Aguero off 3 games back from injury. Kompany of the last few games of the season is still head and shoulders above Laporte and Stones defensively and if anyone thinks Pep picked him the last few games for sentimental reasons then they obviously don't see what it is that makes him such a great player.
Kompany has big game experience and respons to these challenges but I do think he struggles isolated one on one. He lunges in a lot. I don't think we can handle the loss playing wise, but it's his leadership that maybe an issue

If you think what City did in the closing months of the season, that was 90% mental. Warriors. You on;y need one, and the rest follow. It's a legitimate question, and not a given. We'll see.

As someone said, De Bruyne has the drive in himself, but I don't think there is anyone who has both drive and respect Kompany had in the squad. I guess the respect he had there was on par with the one Guardiola enjoys.

It's not going to be easy to replace that ind of character, we'll se if it will affect the performances and results.

Time for new voices to be heard; KDB, Fernandinho, Stones, Silva and so on.

We have been very lucky to have someone like Kompany for a decade, now we can evolve.

I think we might yes..... He was obviously a talisman in the dressing room. It's alright having a manager as good as Pep who can tell the players what to do and keep them in check, but someone in the team who is actually making sure everyone follows Peps message and direction is important. KDB takes over that mantle though I suppose.

Kompany has big game experience and respons to these challenges but I do think he struggles isolated one on one. He lunges in a lot. I don't think we can handle the loss playing wise, but it's his leadership that maybe an issue

If you think what City did in the closing months of the season, that was 90% mental. Warriors. You on;y need one, and the rest follow. It's a legitimate question, and not a given. We'll see.

I disagree. I think he's probably the best defender one on one that I've seen. Yeah he does lunge in a lot but if he doesn't take the ball, he makes sure he takes the man as do so many other great defenders (Ramos, Silva, Vidic) and normally, when he does it's not needlessly in the way that Otamendi sometimes does. For the way we play, winning the ball back quickly and intercepting the ball high up the pitch is so important for us and Kompany is the best at it. I hope he isn't a big loss but I just can't see it. It's going to be a big season for Laporte and Stones and hopefully the latter takes a leaf out of Vinny's book because I think his best period for us (which he needs to return to) was the first half of last season when he was stepping out of defence and winning the ball back quickly for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.