It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Why the sudden obsession with pace in central defence? We spend about 70% of every game moving the ball between midfield and defence. Sure, it helps if we're against Vardy/Salah/Mane but that's 4 games of a 38 game premier league season. What about the other 34 games where we completely dominate the ball and the only threat the opposition has is set pieces?

There's always a risk from counter attacks, but thats why a) we commit fouls and b) we line up attacking set pieces with our quicker players positioned to quickly sprint back.

If we're losing two players, certainly at least one, whose skills are strength, aerial ability and comfort in possession, that's what we need to replace him with. Maguire fits the bill perfectly.

We literally just watched him dribble out of defence against us, up the left wing, and put Kelechi in for a sitter.

Our weakness is our size. Especially on set pieces. "Slab head" will be a massive help in those situations and he's good enough in possession to help our build up. English, decent age, seems a nice guy. Ticks pretty much every box we need.

Why the sudden obsession with pace in central defence? We spend about 70% of every game moving the ball between midfield and defence. Sure, it helps if we're against Vardy/Salah/Mane but that's 4 games of a 38 game premier league season. What about the other 34 games where we completely dominate the ball and the only threat the opposition has is set pieces?

There's always a risk from counter attacks, but thats why a) we commit fouls and b) we line up attacking set pieces with our quicker players positioned to quickly sprint back.

If we're losing two players, certainly at least one, whose skills are strength, aerial ability and comfort in possession, that's what we need to replace him with. Maguire fits the bill perfectly.

We literally just watched him dribble out of defence against us, up the left wing, and put Kelechi in for a sitter.

Our weakness is our size. Especially on set pieces. "Slab head" will be a massive help in those situations and he's good enough in possession to help our build up. English, decent age, seems a nice guy. Ticks pretty much every box we need.

Whoah, down boy - you cannot come on here speaking sense, the moaners wont like it

So for me, Otamendi stays following Vincent leaving. I'd target a young CB, potentially Milenkovic.

Wan Bissaka comes in and Danilo and Delph go.

I'd then buy Rodri, and get Gundo and Leroy to sign new deals whatever the cost.

Thank you for your reply but I am glad we have people who know what we need and what is the art of the possible running the business as opposed to those who think it is so simple

So for me, Otamendi stays following Vincent leaving. I'd target a young CB, potentially Milenkovic.

I'd then buy Rodri, and get Gundo and Leroy to sign new deals whatever the cost.

That's why your opinion is so flawed. That's not how City operate.

Not sure why everyone is losing their heads over Maguire. He's a like for like replacement for Vinny in a lot of ways. Otamendi being replaced by Garcia makes sense too. Add in cover from Dinho, Walker and Sandler and we'll be reet. I wouldn't want to pay over 60m for Maguire personally but who gives a fuck really. Fuck em.

Wan-Bissaka if Danilo leaves.
Rossi in.

Sane: if he wants to stay great, if not sell and buy Felix.

I’d love Otamendi to stay, he’s more than capable of winning back a first team place.

Wan Bissaka is more better than Walker or Danilo, certainly not in possession from all accounts.

Rodri yes definitely.

Sané and Gundogan only stay if they want to stay, the whole reason the rags are in their current predicament is due to the salaries of De Gea, Pogba and Sanchez unsettling the rest of the squad. You get paid what you’re worth, if you’re not happy or think you can get a better deal elsewhere, stay and prove it or there’s the door!!!

I thought Maguire was over rated. But he impressed the other week against us. Is he still fronting Beautiful South?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.