UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so.

Milan were relegated for match fixing in the 80s. OM were stripped of the Champions League and Juve were relegated in shame. Yet all these clubs are respected across Europe.

Blackburn in the 90s, Chelsea in the noughties and Rangers in Scotland were tarred as cheats. It's all forgotten now just as it will be in the case of Man City.

When you win the title in impressive fashion people sling mud to devalue it.

Blackburn/Chelski - bought it. Belong in the 2nd division

Arsenal - Pires dived for a penalty. Should have been relegated in 2013

Man Utd - boycotted the FA Cup. Mike Riley

Leeds- dirty

Liverpool - only won all those leagues and European Cups because of the back pass rule.

Now it's City and the stick is FFP/Human Rights

In 10 years it will be another club whose achievements are worthless because of whatever reason. All part of the game.

Interesting as a Gooner you never mentioned George Graham taking ‘bungs’ - probably because Arsenal did a great job of distancing themselves from that scandal - the narrative was that Graham acted alone - and maybe he did but it’s probably unlikely. That said the whole episode was swept largely under the carpet, Arsenal seemed to suffer no reputational damage and even Graham managed again. I suspect every was at it - Graham was seen as unlucky and hence no one could really judge him too harshly. Honour amongst thieves I guess.

Think the worst part of all this ( and it may have been mentioned before ) is that if City are completely cleared of all wrong doing, the stain on our character will last long after i've gone to the great Kippax in the sky.

My biggest concern is that the Uefa back down on this on the basis of a technicality.

I would rather is go the whole way on this and remove any future doubts.

I particularly enjoyed this response in the Rabin jibe.

Nick Harris‏Verified account @sportingintel 3h3 hours ago
Hi PZDKJ, just because something is in the public domain doesn’t mean the person using it isn’t using it in bad faith and misrepresenting it / lying about it. Ie @RobHarris’s work and TV appearances as part of his job. Which he himself posts on YouTube

Doesn't get irony, clearly.

He's spent the last six fucking months misrepresenting hacked information that has been dispersed into the public domain by various outlets, without any privy to context or possible vested interests/agendas/possible lies.

I particularly enjoyed this response in the Rabin jibe.

Nick Harris‏Verified account @sportingintel 3h3 hours ago
Hi PZDKJ, just because something is in the public domain doesn’t mean the person using it isn’t using it in bad faith and misrepresenting it / lying about it. Ie @RobHarris’s work and TV appearances as part of his job. Which he himself posts on YouTube

Doesn't get irony, clearly.

He's spent the last six fucking months misrepresenting hacked information that has been dispersed into the public domain by various outlets, without any privy to context or possible vested interests/agendas/possible lies.

My favourite bit is where he moaned about Rabin "smearing journalists to undermine any vestige of faith in journalism". He seemingly had no problem with Rob Harris smearing Guardiola's reputation immediately after the FA Cup Final though. In fact, he actively celebrated it.

My favourite bit is where he moaned about Rabin "smearing journalists to undermine any vestige of faith in journalism". He seemingly had no problem with Rob Harris smearing Guardiola's reputation immediately after the FA Cup Final though. In fact, he actively celebrated it.

Mate, you know me, 25 years working in this cess pit of an industry. I have never seen its like before. There is now a vast herd of sacred cows who, as a result of social media platforms, actually believe THEY are now the story.

Delusions of celebrity, easily affronted, feigning moral outrage when they are called out on a global platform that is there for everyone, there for all to see.

I am genuinely considering getting in touch with Rabin and recruiting a team of 'minded' individuals who can start to out these people on a daily basis.

Only just realised that Rabin is arguing with nick Harris and not Rob Harris.
I presume they are related and nick got involved to back up Rob after getting abuse for his guardiola question.

Mate, you know me, 25 years working in this cess pit of an industry. I have never seen its like before. There is now a vast herd of sacred cows who, as a result of social media platforms, actually believe THEY are now the story.

Delusions of celebrity, easily affronted, feigning moral outrage when they are called out on a global platform that is there for everyone, there for all to see.

I am genuinely considering getting in touch with Rabin and recruiting a team of 'minded' individuals who can start to out these people on a daily basis.

Something like that should happen for all topics on social media it needs a department in government for it! Because social media is becoming a cesspit and brings out the worst in most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.