UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When people talk about human rights abuses, out of interest where are the links to City's owners etc made? Is it just a case of, it's happening in Abu Dhabi and they are therefore linked? Or is it guilty by association?

Its crazy as even if we accept UAE has questionable human rights standards by UK standards,In general the UAE is more tolerant than must countries in that region, take Iran where recently a prominent Iranian human rights lawyer Sotoudeh was prosecuted for taking off their mandatory headscarf and subsequently sentenced to 38 years in jail and 148 lashes by the Iranian regime. It should be criticised politically, however if one is really going to look for an angle to bring an association of such abuse to justify criticism of a sporting team, an investigative sports journalist wouldn't be too hard pushed to find multiple punishments( as in actually found guilty) instances of Standard Chartered laundering billions of $ on behalf of the Iranian regime.

Ironically Standard Chartered are a member of Global Banking Alliance for Women whilst funding perhaps one of the must oppressive regimes against women in the world. In addition to funding the Iranian regime which by the standards of today's sports journalism represents condoning the actions of abusing human right and oppression of woman they also fund Liverpool as primary sponsors which has been renewed even after Standard Chartered were found guilty of laundering cash on behalf of Iran. So if City as a club and fans can be criticised for UAE's actions then surely the bigger story an investigative journalists should be going for is Liverpool FC putting profit over decency in renewing a financial relationship with an organisation that has been found guilty of profiting by directly supporting an oppressive regime.

No one is going to highlight LFC or UTD's dodgy connections, never, it's counter productive to their business model. It's always going to be City/Other.

But, the more they highlight it for City the more City fans talk about it and the more (some) fans feel guilty. Which I find ridiculous, stop being media puppets, this isnt a talking point, the media made it a talking point. Concentrate on what we've achieved, not this shit. Cant this thread be put anywhere else because it feels like job done by the press and they know it when they come here to see the damage.

Its crazy as even if we accept UAE has questionable human rights standards by UK standards,In general the UAE is more tolerant than must countries in that region, take Iran where recently a prominent Iranian human rights lawyer Sotoudeh was prosecuted for taking off their mandatory headscarf and subsequently sentenced to 38 years in jail and 148 lashes by the Iranian regime. It should be criticised politically, however if one is really going to look for an angle to bring an association of such abuse to justify criticism of a sporting team, an investigative sports journalist wouldn't be too hard pushed to find multiple punishments( as in actually found guilty) instances of Standard Chartered laundering billions of $ on behalf of the Iranian regime.

Ironically Standard Chartered are a member of Global Banking Alliance for Women whilst funding perhaps one of the must oppressive regimes against women in the world. In addition to funding the Iranian regime which by the standards of today's sports journalism represents condoning the actions of abusing human right and oppression of woman they also fund Liverpool as primary sponsors which has been renewed even after Standard Chartered were found guilty of laundering cash on behalf of Iran. So if City as a club and fans can be criticised for UAE's actions then surely the bigger story an investigative journalists should be going for is Liverpool FC putting profit over decency in renewing a financial relationship with an organisation that has been found guilty of profiting by directly supporting an oppressive regime.

We can slice up this melon all day.

Liverpool have visited Dubai three times in the last 16 months for warm-weather training.

Their shirt manufacturer also speaks for itself - or is that the KKK?

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/285346

Frank Clark once accused me of being a part of the Fifth Column ;)

The man was a grade A **** in every sense of the word. Did more damage than even Alan Ball.

Did Frank sing it to you with his acoustic guitar!

The fabled fifth column hey !

In all seriousness mate these snakes need exposing for what they are, somebody needs to get the City word across as the club don't seem to want to do it unless there arm is up their back.

Mate, you know me, 25 years working in this cess pit of an industry. I have never seen its like before. There is now a vast herd of sacred cows who, as a result of social media platforms, actually believe THEY are now the story.

Delusions of celebrity, easily affronted, feigning moral outrage when they are called out on a global platform that is there for everyone, there for all to see.

I am genuinely considering getting in touch with Rabin and recruiting a team of 'minded' individuals who can start to out these people on a daily basis.
That would be glorious. I posted before saying this feels a bit like a revolution. They’ve had free-reign to say what they want for far too long. It’s time to push back.

Blues are mobilising, I can feel it!

Did Frank sing it to you with his acoustic guitar!

The fabled fifth column hey !

In all seriousness mate these snakes need exposing for what they are, somebody needs to get the City word across as the club don't seem to want to do it unless there arm is up their back.

I was gladly part of a fifth column who knew how badly we were being managed by that twat Clark. I purposely linked Joe Royle with the job (can't say why).

Bernard Halford thought it was appropriate to ring me up and have a go at me, threatening a ban, on the say so of Clark and Alan Hill.

I know he has recently passed, but a lot of what Bernard propped up seems to have been erased from history. He knew what side his bread was buttered to keep his job, let's put it like that.

Anyhow, I gave it Bernard both barrels and told him to show some bollocks, as Joe would be getting the job very soon.

He got it the following week.

The rest is history, as they say ;)

The Fifth Column might be about to rise once more...

Only just realised that Rabin is arguing with nick Harris and not Rob Harris.
I presume they are related and nick got involved to back up Rob after getting abuse for his guardiola question.
Brothers?
Rolf was their Dad?

Either way it's two too many. Rabin should report them for Harrisment.

Last edited:
Whilst I disagree with the way City are currently being portrayed, do not be under the illusion that journalism is about being fair, balanced and accurate and that hasn’t been the case since the First World War at the latest. There are obviously notable exceptions but there has always been a bias in reporting everything. They lie about things that are much more important than football so I’m sometimes a bit surprised at how surprised people are that they have agendas in, and lie about football.
You are correct about bias, especially in newspapers but I think the situation has become much more toxic since the advent of social media and the growth of a clickbait culture. The worst culprit for me is the BBC which has become a parody of itself. Its sports and news coverage patronises its audience. It has become irrelevant to people outside the M25. Its negative online coverage of City takes its lead from the Guardian and is driven by political hostility towards our wealthy owners. The politics of envy.

Last edited:
ill join the blues brigade ,I'm not that brilliant on twitter, or even that bright if I'm honest
but I can shout **** as load as the next man

I'm off to the States this weekend for a couple of weeks. In the interim, if people want to PM me an interest in getting something off the ground, I will arrange a summit at an appropriate venue with a jukebox towards the end of June?

I would certainly welcome those from an analytical, social media, legal, media background.

And certainly any Blue who wants to offer their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.