Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line is if the management team feel he’s not prepared to work as hard as he needs to, the club will want him out. That’s even if it costs us more to sell and replace him than it does to just give him more money to stay. Pep’s been trying everything to get the penny to drop with Leroy for over 18 months. Is he much better now in that regard than when we signed him? Not particularly, I would say. So it wouldn’t surprise me if he was to leave. How many years of patience does Pep have with him? Can’t be much more than the time that has already passed!
Presumably this is all speculation though Trev? I mean have you seen him ambling around, not tracking back, pressing, doing the things Pep values? I have not detected any of this alleged "not prepared to work as hard as he needs to", have you? Every time he gives the ball away, he's all over the opponent, trying to win it back - often to the extent of giving a foul away. I haven't seen him not trying.

The bottom line is if the management team feel he’s not prepared to work as hard as he needs to, the club will want him out. That’s even if it costs us more to sell and replace him than it does to just give him more money to stay. Pep’s been trying everything to get the penny to drop with Leroy for over 18 months. Is he much better now in that regard than when we signed him? Not particularly, I would say. So it wouldn’t surprise me if he was to leave. How many years of patience does Pep have with him? Can’t be much more than the time that has already passed!
I think this season was a highly stressful one for pep,he needs to take a breathe and think about how to push Leroy to where he needs to be,it's hard to do that when you are managing 4 comps and can't lose a point in the league

Presumably this is all speculation though Trev? I mean have you seen him ambling around, not tracking back, pressing, doing the things Pep values? I have not detected any of this alleged "not prepared to work as hard as he needs to", have you? Every time he gives the ball away, he's all over the opponent, trying to win it back - often to the extent of giving a foul away. I haven't seen him not trying.
I have been watching some games back this week,he is nowhere near as bad as people make out,once the narrative starts that he is lazy it sticks it seems

You are back to calling your club they again today?
You tell him Kaz
images

still think he has the highest potential ceiling of all our current players, possible exception of KDB, and will be gutted if he goes. Will certianly come back to haunt us at some point

Totally understand if he wants to play in his home country for a top team and has been promised a week in week out starting position.

Situations like this are going to happen as we accrue the worlds best young talent.

Personally i rate him much higher than Sterling but you cant argue with Sterling's figures this season so how could Pep drop him?

It's up to Leroy now and how patient he is willing to be and fight for a spot but if he does leave we will get a great return on him and strengthen regardless.

Trust in Pep.
Trust the man who has won 5 major honours in 2 seasons no chance

You are back to calling your club they again today?
It's not "my" club. It belongs to everyone .We don't have owners.

I don't know if you speak German or any other foreign language, but Bayern is always referred to as "Die Bayern" , Dortmund as "der BVB" etc . Nobody would ever say "We were shit on Saturday " or "we should sign a winger". It's always "they need a new manager" or "they won't win the CL with that team".

It's a cultural thing. In fact I believe the UK is the only country where the football club you support is a "we" rather than a "they ".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.