Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be a CB across Europe who represents better value than Maguire. I'm not in the don’t rate Maguire camp but I think anything north of £50m is a joke. Leicester look like getting more for Maguire than we can muster for Sane.
I think defenders north of 40 million are all a joke but we've bought 4 since then. Frankly our starting back five were all noerh of 40 million. This too me is not good value for money. But I clearly I'm not clued in on value so I stopped whining about it last summer.

I just don't understand how one can value defenders at those prices.
There is a right time to buy stock, if you wait and the price rocket it up it will be bad investment.

Maguire was great choice when Hull relegated, for 18m I think he was worth it.

For 70-80m , it will be complete waste of our resources.

Kompany have gone, now is the time for the rest of our CBs to stand up.
As a pincher of other people's penny ( The Sheikh's), I must say I agree with this. There is little about Maguire today that we did not know when he was at Hull. It's like how everyone could tell Van Dyje was very good at Celtic but no one ponied up.

Trust your eyes and the stats... My eyes and the Stats tell me we have a gem in Sandler.Just develop him and Garcia.

I think defenders north of 40 million are all a joke but we've bought 4 since then. Frankly our starting back five were all noerh of 40 million. This too me is not good value for money. But I clearly I'm not clued in on value so I stopped whining about it last summer.

I just don't understand how one can value defenders at those prices.

As a pincher of other people's penny ( The Sheikh's), I must say I agree with this. There is little about Maguire today that we did not know when he was at Hull. It's like how everyone could tell Van Dyje was very good at Celtic but no one ponied up.

Trust your eyes and the stats... My eyes and the Stats tell me we have a gem in Sandler.Just develop him and Garcia.

So say Laporte and Stones pick up injuries at the same time. You would be happy to rock up at somewhere like Anfield with Garcia and Sandler at cb?

Walker----Garcia---Sandler----Zinchenko

So say Laporte and Stones pick up injuries at the same time. You would be happy to rock up at somewhere like Anfield with Garcia and Sandler at cb?

Walker----Garcia---Sandler----Zinchenko
If we get Rodri, there would presumably be some flexibility him and/or Ferny to cover at CB in such an emergency?

We’ll get laughed out of town if we spend even £60m on him. And now £80m getting mentioned ffs! There’s got to be a better option.

I'd be fine spending 60-65m for him. He's totally dominant aerially, something we need, he is strong as fuck, good on the ball and a decent age.

Leicester can't ask for much more than 60m for him with a straight face given he's not as good as VVD and De Ligt i going for 65m

If we want to fight on 4 fronts it's impossible to go in to the season without a minimum of 3 centre backs.
I think @Dax777 was proposing 4 CB's earlier: Laporte, Stones, Garcia and Sandler partly to save paying stupid fees with FFP hanging over us?

I was just pointing out Ferny and possibly Rodri, if we get him? would provide additional CB cover in an injury emergency. It depends how much we are prepared to trust our younger players? (Remember De Ligt is only 19).

I'd be fine spending 60-65m for him. He's totally dominant aerially, something we need, he is strong as fuck, good on the ball and a decent age.

Leicester can't ask for much more than 60m for him with a straight face given he's not as good as VVD and De Ligt i going for 65m

He is good at running with the ball but he isn't good passing it. The number of times he plays poor balls or is caught out at the back is alarming. He would take us backwards and there is no raw potential there that makes him worth the investment. When Alderweireld is available for 25m if I remember rightly, it is a no brainer to go for him instead. That allows us to remain solid now and bring younger players through. Rather than pay a fortune on someone who neither improves us now nor in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.