Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
still think he has the highest potential ceiling of all our current players, possible exception of KDB, and will be gutted if he goes. Will certianly come back to haunt us at some point
It does not haunt if we maintain our success, regardless of the player he becomes.

Last edited:
I hope he does, when do you reckon it will be announced

I’m not saying it having heard anything, it’s just the most logical outcome, even if he goes. If he forces the issue I firmly believe we’ll play hard ball, which I’m certain is a continuation of where he finished the season. One year extension, double his wages, see where we are in 12 months......

Euros in 12 months, he won’t be leaving that down to just his talent this time!

I'm not saying we should or would, but with 2 years left on his contract we shouldn't be bullied into accepting any offer just cos Munich say that's all they're prepared to pay

In my opinion, based the way Bayern top people interacted with us previously, I wouldn't sell them a virus.
As a club, they are the equivalent of the rags in my eyes, only difference is they are located in Germany. Bullying their way to success, should be their motto.
Also I would think carefully reinforcing a potential Champion's League rival.
But what do I know...

Germany coach Joachim Löw: "I believe he feels quite good at Manchester City, but I don’t know what he’s currently thinking. Bavaria is always a good destination. If the change does come about, it would be a good story for him and for us.”

I can see this 1 dragging on all Summer unless Real or PSG enter the race.

IMO I think Leroy is done at City, he ain't rocking the boat but City will not except anything lower than 90m.

Leroy has to make the next move & I expect him for a transfer request then it's down to Bayern.
Only problem I see is this transfer our big offer for Felix or even Sancho???

Would love him to stay but won't be arsed if he wants to go, Pep only wants winners & players who 110% want to be at City.
PSG and City are very unlikely to do any business together. You can rule us out. Also, the player seems to have his preference.
And PSG won't/can't spend that much for a single player anymore (unless they sell very well).

It's not "my" club. It belongs to everyone .We don't have owners.

I don't know if you speak German or any other foreign language, but Bayern is always referred to as "Die Bayern" , Dortmund as "der BVB" etc . Nobody would ever say "We were shit on Saturday " or "we should sign a winger". It's always "they need a new manager" or "they won't win the CL with that team".

It's a cultural thing. In fact I believe the UK is the only country where the football club you support is a "we" rather than a "they ".
My interest?

I'm a fan. I have as much influence over who my club signs as you do which is none apart from a vote at presidential election time .

If it doesn't work out we will have to get Werner. Lewa, Werner, Coman, Gnabry is OK. We won't realistically be challenging for the CL for a few years either way.

Neither of us know how damaged the relationship between City and Sane is. If it's just a case of having his head turned by the idea of being a Bayern player he should get over it and sign a new deal. Then it's the perfect result for you.

If there is a more serious problem then surely it makes sense to take 80 million for an unhappy player which you can then spend on someone else without everyone screaming FFP at you.

Not sure why are we dealing with them.They are behind the bad press we receive and their mgmt always has bad things to say about us Why can't we just tell them to fuck off.
I don't like this attitude by out mgmt.No need to tak to them,no need to sell Sane to them and if things teach point of no return,then ask for 3 figures from them

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: “We will try [to sign Sané]. I can’t promise whether it will succeed. We had the idea when he was at Schalke... That’s what Hasan Salihamidžić does [lead negotiations].”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.