Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had a penny for every time I've seen him throw his arms about and sulk, I could buy him myself.
Kev throws his arms about,dinho grabbed mahrez by the shirt and shook him,i don't want to see players who are not frustrated when a move doesn't come off,they care otherwise they wouldn't do it

Think you’re missing what City Xtra is. They are a content aggregator. They collect all the latest articles/news/rumours/quotes and post them for us so it’s all in one easily accessible place. They don’t know anything themselves at all, that’s not their purpose. The source is always at the bottom of the tweet, in this case some dude called Fabrizio Romano

Let's hope this scoop is as accurate as his last City-related one ;)

I firmly believe we will regret losing Sane, he’s different to anything else in the side and we become “easier” to contain without him but it wouldn’t be the end of the world as the excitement of bringing in somebody else for Pep to mould into a superstar, offsets the loss of Leroy somewhat.

However, I really don’t want to lose him to the German rags who are detestable and I will Find it harder still to accept for the fees being thrown around. We’re looking at £120 million for Felix, Leroy is only a few years older and has done it at the very top, it’s wrong he’s valued less. we should be asking for at least a similar amount if not more.

Put it this way, if we were buying Sane from any other team after his last few seasons, we would be looking at circa £150 million and be considering that fair in today’s farcical market.

Does anyone else feel a bit detached from this Sane stuff? Genuinely weird. I thought I'd care a lot more, but I just hand on heart believe that we'll carry on and be brilliant even if he does go, and someone else very exciting will come in and grow instead. No guarantee of course, but it just feels inevitable that we'll be good with or without Sane. Maybe it's the Pep effect. As long as he's there, I'm happy, cos he's the one consistent reason for 198 points.

Don't get me wrong, i'd be sad to see him go...but yeah.

I think he was always the most likely player to leave and I personally never found him the most likable player in the world from a personality stand point. Every top player needs some level of arrogance, but he crosses that line I think and it's always been a bit of a gripe.

I will miss his play style, because he's the most exciting player on the pitch when he gets going. If he lives up to his potential, he's going to be a world beater, but as things stand it doesn't bother me that much. We'll likely no doubt get another top talent in, like Felix, who is probably a better fit in all honesty, given his versatility.

I can understand that alright in that he barely featured in the run in and we still racked up 14 wins in the bounce. At the same time I think he gives us something different, a directness in his attacking, that none of Bernardo, Sterling or Mahrez give us.
Sterling is miles more direct than Sané. He couldn’t BE more direct. After every pass he makes he runs forward. When he receives the ball he turns and looks to dart forward. When we have the ball in space and there’s room behind the opponent, he makes an inside run behind the fullback every time (works especially well with Gundogan’s penchant for those chipped passes). When he’s in wide areas one on one he looks to go past his man every time. When the ball is in a crossing position on the opposite flank he looks to get in the box for a tap in every time. He’s maybe the most direct player on the planet. Everything about his game is relentlessly pursuing goals. That’s what we love about him.

Last edited:
If the rumours are to be believed, we're going to replace an underperforming bench player, who has probably reached his ceiling, by a potential starter and worldclass AM/forward in the making. I don't see any reason to be worried. On the contrary, this transfer will make us only stronger.

I reckon Guardiola can't wait to get rid of Sane - he's probably our weakest player (not named Kyle) in terms of footballing IQ, spacial awareness and interplay, he hasn't shown any significant improvement this year, his attitude stinks. I didn't expect Sane to be so one-dimensional when City signed him, but here we are after 3 years. Cash in and move on.
If i had an hour i'd have a go at that pile of bollocks

If the rumours are to be believed, we're going to replace an underperforming bench player, who has probably reached his ceiling, by a potential starter and worldclass AM/forward in the making. I don't see any reason to be worried. On the contrary, this transfer will make us only stronger.

I reckon Guardiola can't wait to get rid of Sane - he's probably our weakest player (not named Kyle) in terms of footballing IQ, spacial awareness and interplay, he hasn't shown any significant improvement this year, his attitude stinks. I didn't expect Sane to be so one-dimensional when City signed him, but here we are after 3 years. Cash in and move on.

Is this rubbish all your own work or did you filch it off the Sanchez thread on sadcafe?

I'm living in the hope that Leroy has already agreed to extend his contract and that we're actively encouraging Bayern just so that we can string them along before pulling the rug out from under them at the last second. Losing him would be painful. Losing him to Bayern would be rubbing salt in the wound.

Kev throws his arms about,dinho grabbed mahrez by the shirt and shook him,i don't want to see players who are not frustrated when a move doesn't come off,they care otherwise they wouldn't do it

4:30, always sticks in my mind. Cup final to boot.

Completely gives up on the attack because he didn't get a pass. Sterling would be swinging straight round to that back post for a tap in.

That's a common theme with Sané, no denying that. Frustration is one thing, that's just his attitude. He didn't seem to care all that much stood still watching the play.

Sorry some don't like to hear such negatives about him but he wasn't benched for the craic by the best manger in football.

Can see the same for Real, there priority will be Hazard unless that goes tits up.

Expect a domino effect-: Sane goes, Felix comes, Isco & Bale go & Hazard comes.

Will be interesting if you go for De Gea?
Think PSG and de Gea would prefer a free transfer with huge wages and a signing on fee.
Manchester United would ask too much for just 1 year of contract. If they ask like Chelsea something like 37 M, it is possible. But i see they want 50/60 minimum. Too expensive.

PSG priorities are defensive midfielders, fullbacks, CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.