Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if we sell sane its for the best and we will get somebody better ? Fk me are we in for a treat with whoever fills his boots.

There is something else not quite right, you cant say he is on the bench because of his displays, possibly clashing with pep ?

but what an exciting player we may see go, he is the sort of guy you wish would sign for us.

I think the transfer market is crap, we still aren't the favoured club for top players to sign for and I don't know of many Sane's out there. When opposition teams are packing 10 men behind the ball ( which they will even more next season ) we need a fast player who can split the pack and run in, cause mahem.

With games we play and injuries, no way can we let him go and not replace.

How the hell can €70m be touted? Isn't it funny that when we buy, all bonuses and addons are included in the price, but when we are about to sell one of the best players in Europe, the fee is deflated. Should be €100m at least. Christ, Maguire is worth more than Sané if reports are to be believed.
I like to think we could get that for him with 1 year left on his contract. Wouldn't even think of selling him for that amount this summer.

Can Bayern give him the wages he's demanding from us? Or is it just that he wants to play in Germany? Weirdly enough, although he's 1 of my favourite players and I don't get the criticism of his work rate or 'attitude', I think Sancho would be a better fit for us, as an inside forward rather than a pure winger. He reminds me a lot of Sterling. I think Sane will thrive in a more counter-attacking team.

4:30, always sticks in my mind. Cup final to boot.

Completely gives up on the attack because he didn't get a pass. Sterling would be swinging straight round to that back post for a tap in.

That's a common theme with Sané, no denying that. Frustration is one thing, that's just his attitude. He didn't seem to care all that much stood still watching the play.

Sorry some don't like to hear such negatives about him but he wasn't benched for the craic by the best manger in football.

Sergio should have passed it

Does anyone else feel a bit detached from this Sane stuff? Genuinely weird. I thought I'd care a lot more, but I just hand on heart believe that we'll carry on and be brilliant even if he does go, and someone else very exciting will come in and grow instead. No guarantee of course, but it just feels inevitable that we'll be good with or without Sane. Maybe it's the Pep effect. As long as he's there, I'm happy, cos he's the one consistent reason for 198 points.

Don't get me wrong, i'd be sad to see him go...but yeah.

There's no real jeopardy for us fans. On kickoff on the first day of the season we will have the best squad in world football, managed by the best manager.

Yes I'll miss seeing Sané specifically but whoever replaces him will also be a world class talent who'll be exciting in different ways, and if Pep has seen him and vouches for him, he might be more useful than Sané has been in the latter half of this season on the bench all the time.

While Pep is managing us, we're never going to be in a situation where we end up weaker in September than we were before the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.