Will the loss of Kompany affect City?

Absolutely it will, the man has been a colossus for us.

He has become the living embodiment of Manchester City Football Club, the greatest man to ever wear our shirt.

We are going to miss him particularly behind the scenes but I am sure someone will step up and fill his shoes. KDB looks to be a good bet - he will lead by example (when he is fit!)

I personally think a void will be left with Vinnie's departure & it won't be that apparent when we're winning, but more present when things aren't going our way.

Kev for sure will be the ideal replacement for Vinnie.

You can see the hunger, desire, commitment and respect he earns when on the pitch at least, but as others have mentioned when fit.

Outside bet is Bernie - loved his intelligent & honest post game interviews & of course his commitment across every blade of grass. Also loved his reference during the parade for us fans to demand from this team - a true winners' mentality.

Some people have also mentioned Stones, but so far I have yet to really see any genuine captain material from him. Seems more of a follower, than a leader but who knows if that will change over time.

I personally think a void will be left with Vinnie's departure & it won't be that apparent when we're winning, but more present when things aren't going our way.

Kev for sure will be the ideal replacement for Vinnie.

You can see the hunger, desire, commitment and respect he earns when on the pitch at least, but as others have mentioned when fit.

Outside bet is Bernie - loved his intelligent & honest post game interviews & of course his commitment across every blade of grass. Also loved his reference during the parade for us fans to demand from this team - a true winners' mentality.

Some people have also mentioned Stones, but so far I have yet to really see any genuine captain material from him. Seems more of a follower, than a leader but who knows if that will change over time.
Good post, agree with every word.

Didn't Vinny himself says that he could see Bernie becoming the next captain of City
Vincent Kompany on Bernardo Silva:

"I say to him often you are 50% clown, 50% leader. When he becomes 25% clown, 75% leader he will become the captain of this team. He is so strong and to be honest there is nobody who deserves this title more."

He's been a huge presence for us both on and off the field. But because we have Pep, Kompanys loss will be minimal on the field. Under another manager his loss might have been greater

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.