Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a blue i presume?

Check my posting history thank you before the knee jerk.

Just because I didn’t think Pep handled the question well (and I stand by this. Never show your frustration with your enemies as it will only spur them on to spew more bullshit) doesn’t make me any less of a blue.

I'm sure you can work out what I was insinuating.

Pep won't be hounded out, if anything it'll strengthen his resolve to stay, just like the bullshit coming from italy.
I hope Pep won’t be hounded out as he is a true genius and as long as he stays we will continue to dominate.

I also hope fellow fans will not question other fans’ loyalty when they disagree about something!

Another attack on Manchester City fans from Barney Ronay. He's the one who accused City fans of supporting the arrest of the Durham student.

This is the 2nd time in days that journalists have suggested that online Manchester City supporters are actually part of the UAE regime.

City are right to resist Uefa’s investigation into financial fair play if they feel it is in error. They may well be exonerated at the end. But the tone of this resistance, the aggressive statements, the idea put out there that this is all some ill visited on the disempowered, is at best cloth-eared and at worst a glimpse of the hard edges, the regime behind this extraordinary project club.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/may/24/welcome-to-elite-football-great-summer-of-hate

Have I misinterpreteed what he's saying? They are really starting to irritate me. There's one thing just straightforward prejudice against a football club because you support the the other side. That's maybe Jamie Jackson. I can handle that. What I find unacceptable is the kind of moralising that the media has taken on where City have become a front for what they see as a despicable nation-state. This in a country whose militarism has changed the face of the world, particularly the middle-east.

What are we going to do as supporters about this?

I think when our supporters express themselves online and are then publically called out by two journalists within a couple of days as being members of the UAE regime something needs to be done.

Have I misread this, or misunderstood? What do you guys think? Does it bother you?

If I interpret this allegation correctly, that's libel. Agreed?

Even by the Guardian's standards this is low....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/may/24/welcome-to-elite-football-great-summer-of-hate

Football plays with fire as it merrily fans the flames of hate and division

....Football rage is there most obviously in the self-contained shout-box inanities of the internet. At last weekend’s FA Cup final there was a minor media furore as a lone, well-refreshed Manchester City supporter stormed the press box and began to offer up rambling brain-thoughts about anti-City bias, conspiracies against the little man and the inexplicable trend for publishing newspaper articles about Premier League golden boot winner Mohamed Salah.

It became a kind of confirmation event, proof that the angry social media presence among City’s fanbase is indeed present in the flesh; a support that appears to have never been so upset even while watching their team win a sublime domestic treble....

This tribalism has been weaponised, expertly. Firstly by broadcasters and newspapers, who have become practised in fanning the idiot wind. Red against blue, super Sunday showdowns, overheated clickbait feuds. All of this has been good for business. And secondly by something more sinister and managed. Like Orwell’s two minutes in 1984, rage can be a useful thing too.

City are right to resist Uefa’s investigation into financial fair play if they feel it is in error. They may well be exonerated at the end. But the tone of this resistance, the aggressive statements, the idea put out there that this is all some ill visited on the disempowered, is at best cloth-eared and at worst a glimpse of the hard edges, the regime behind this extraordinary project club.

Another attack on Manchester City fans from Barney Ronay. He's the one who accused City fans of supporting the arrest of the Durham student.

This is the 2nd time in days that journalists have suggested that online Manchester City supporters are actually part of the UAE regime.

Have I misinterpreteed what he's saying? They are really starting to irritate me. There's one thing just straightforward prejudice against a football club because you support the the other side. That's maybe Jamie Jackson. I can handle that. What I find unacceptable is the kind of moralising that the media has taken on where City have become a front for what they see as a despicable nation-state. This in a country whose militarism has changed the face of the world, particularly the middle-east.

What are we going to do as supporters about this?

I think when our supporters express themselves online and are then publically called out by two journalists within a couple of days as being members of the UAE regime something needs to be done.

Have I misread this, or misunderstood? What do you guys think? Does it bother you?

If I interpret this allegation correctly, that's libel. Agreed?

No.

He is accusing our owners of using the fan base as a promotional mouthpiece for Abu Dhabi and weaponising our supporters in a campaign against those in the media who "justifiably" criticise our "sports washing" club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.