Who will be the next youth player to make the step up?

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
Congratulations, Tommy, you are well deserving of this accolade.

This got me thinking about which youth player is likeliest to make the leap to the first team after Stockport Iniesta?

And I don’t mean an appearance on the bench for a league game, or a start in the pre-season or League Cup; I mean a regular place on the bench and a few starts here and there in the league and cups, as well as indications from the coaching staff that he has been “officially” promoted to the senior squad.

Is it the English Slovakia Cup stand out, the Spanish Beckenbauer, or someone else?

Three pints to the poster(s) which get it right. ;-)

Frimpong or Diounkou, Eric Garcia, Taylor Harwood-Bellis and Doyle. Harwood-Bellis the biggest talent in the academy currently

I think Garcia and Harwood-Bellis have the best chance of making it up in the next two years based on the needs of our squad.
Depends on what CB we sign as well. If we sign a CB younger than 28 ish, it’s likely only one of them will make it. Would like to sign Alderweireld for 25m (release clause), and then Garcia and THB could be 3rd and 4th choice when Alderweireld is finished. Harwood-Bellis is on Fodens level, mad talent

Depends on what CB we sign as well. If we sign a CB younger than 28 ish, it’s likely only one of them will make it. Would like to sign Alderweireld for 25m (release clause), and then Garcia and THB could be 3rd and 4th choice when Alderweireld is finished. Harwood-Bellis is on Fodens level, mad talent
Oh, I meant one or the other, not necessarily both. I don’t think we’ll promote two youth CBs to the squad in the next two years, but I think there is a strong chance for one.

And if I had to make a prediction, I would say Garcia is the most likely, as he can likely also play DM and fullback in a pinch.

From the few games I've seen of Garcia, I am a huge fan. For me, he is well above mangala, tosin or Sandler and I'd have no problem at all if he started the first game of the season come August.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.