Advice on a bee's nest

Bee keeper the way to go if they are honey bees (small dark coloured not bright yellow) and the sooner the better as the nest can get quite large I.e 1000+ bees.

If they are bumblebees not a great deal you can do other than destroy the nest but it’s generally not advised due their declining numbers. Bumblebees lifecycle is only short and the nest size is fairly small (100-400 bees max) and not aggressive. If you do see a small swarm of bumblebees outside a nest then they are reaching the end of their lifecycle and mating, a few weeks after nest dies and the future queens go to make a nest somewhere else. All the other workers die which I think is what you are seeing with the dead bees.
We had the same problem last year (even posted it on here).
Ah thanks for that. You can see loads of them buzzing about outside and a few neighbours have been round telling me to get them sorted. The websites for beekeepers seem to say they won't do anything but I'll reach out to them anyway.
Couple years ago when my daughter has just started crawling, she was going round the house and we had just had it painted so they'd left the doors and windows open. A bee came in and she picked it up and tried to eat it or summit, stung her right on the lip. We now have a 6 month old who's started to crawl so we're a bit paranoid!

Ah thanks for that. You can see loads of them buzzing about outside and a few neighbours have been round telling me to get them sorted. The websites for beekeepers seem to say they won't do anything but I'll reach out to them anyway.
Couple years ago when my daughter has just started crawling, she was going round the house and we had just had it painted so they'd left the doors and windows open. A bee came in and she picked it up and tried to eat it or summit, stung her right on the lip. We now have a 6 month old who's started to crawl so we're a bit paranoid!
Can understand your concern mate if you have young children.
You need to have a look at the pictures online and figure out if they are honey bees or Bumblebees. They do look completely different. Honey bees look more like a wasp.

If it’s honey bees just contact .... https://www.bbka.org.uk/swarm they were really helpful last year when I contacted them.

With Bumblebees, if there really is no other option then pest control can come and treat it but if you can stick it out they will soon be gone. The treatments aren’t cheap, about £80 a pop when I asked last year and they said it might need multiple doses.
Good luck anyway and hope you get it sorted.

I had a huge nest suddenly descend on my garden. Contacted a local beekeeper and they couldn't have been more helpful. Even gave me a free jar of the honey they produce back on the farm (a clue as to why they were so helpful perhaps!).

Leave them bee (couldn't resist. ) Honestly, so long as you don't bother the nest, they have no interest in you and will be gone. I had one in my gutter a couple of weeks ago and aside from the odd one entering through the window, had zero incidents and they seem to have moved on after 10 days.

A wasp nest on the other hand...

sbhfh3S.jpg

Same problem at sharston towers. Got a blue flare my cousin left after the parade. Might smoke them out early, what time do bee's get up?

Kill one bee, put it in a box, the others will swarm nearby because they send out a distress signal to the other bees so when the swarm arrives, close the box lid to trap them in it before moving the box to a woodland area then remove the box lid to allow the bees to escape before running like fuck to avoid being stung by angry bees.

Where the hell did you hear that from ??? There are mortuary bees that will kick it out. But they only follow the queen ... your advice is wrong .. just call a local beekeeper .. I live in NZ abd have a few hives and save them when I can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.